Will there be CM:A modules?

Nothing. Didn't seem logical to me but I thought I'd ask. I came in late to CMSF and I'm kind of wallowing in all the extra modules and units. I tried the demo and the game looks fantastic, especially as I am a Cold War buff, but I am frankly hoping there are no modules, especially in the "could have been" arena, just to keep things nice and relatively simple. The demo for this game is fantastic, by the way.

Not that I don't like CMSF - it's just been a steep learning curve.

I found the quote from Steve of Battlefront.

Afghanistan is a "stand alone" game with no plans for expansion. Remember that a Module is something that builds directly onto the primary game. So going from 1970s/80s Afghanistan to 1990s/2000s Chechnya fails that test.

Some games that we plan on releasing will be like Afghanistan in that they have no expansions. The reason for that is the game subject can be comfortably covered with one release. Or put another way, there isn't enough content to make multiple releases necessary or marketable. Contrast Afghanistan's development needs with something like Normandy and you can probably see what I mean.

And yes, ZSU-23 :)

Steve

If the game turns out to be surprise million-seller Snowball may have a change of heart. ;) But that still brings up the issue of what to put into a module. Unless Snowball goes crazy and adds Star Wars Imperial Walkers to the TO&E. Wasn't there a Rambo movie set in Afghanistan? Yes, Rambo III, 1988 (the game's timeframe) Blue side could get a Johnny Rambo one-man-army! :D

New modules it's good, but Afghanistan modul not have many needful staff (just western players don't know this), for example:

All soviet forces had body-armor, flamethrowers, heavy 240mm mortars, silent guns/sniper rifles, laser guide artillery shells, and many etc. Also and majaheds had much more than in module has...