Bah - just keeps on crashing now :(

Well I don't understand it :( Nothing but trouble now. I have to save my game every turn just in case it bombs out. It's crashed three times today, resulting in one hard lock and one ctrl-alt-del. It's become more of a problem recently, though I have no idea why?

I've seen mentioned this memory leak - is that a code problem or something else? Seems strange that I never experienced a hard crash like this until recently. My hardware hasn't changed significantly - I've got from a 5850 to a 460, but I was experiencing the same problem with both cards.

Mods could potentially cause problems. Removing all of them temporarily would be a starting point to find out what is happening with your system. I haven't seen any other major complaints about the game failing as frequently as it does on your computer. There is a memory problem with the game in some situations, but nothing you should see with the frequency that you're having problems. The error will actually mention a memory issue, so it doesn't sound related to the problems that you're having.

The video drivers you're running also wouldn't be the main cause (in and of themselves) since others are running with them and seem to be having problems primarily with the night-time dynamic lighting.

So, remove the mods first and see if that increases your stability. You may also want to temporarily shut down some of your security software to see if that may be having some sort of impact. Make sure to make 'exceptions' in any of this software for CMSF and the 'Runservice.exe' eLicense service so that any security software doesn't 'tag it' as being some sort of virus.