Uninstallation routine please

Hey guys, I've decided that due to the numerous Shock Force crashes I am now on the receiving end of I've decided it best to reformat and reinstall. I'm going to be reinstalling Win 7 Pro 64bit. I've been faffing with cards the last couple of weeks and have made the move from an ATI to an Nvidia, and I'm not entirely sure the transition has gone too well. I'm pretty sure it must be driver related as never had problems beforehand. But all that aside I'm going to be using the latest Nvidia drivers as I have to support a 460GTX - so I have no choice.

Obviously my primary concern with SF is the licensing - am I okay just to uninstall the game via the start menu shortcut, or is it better to unlicense the modules one at a time?

According to your Helpdesk ticket you got an error code during the unlicensing of the Marines module (the 'error 31'). This probably indicated that you didn't successfully unlicense the module and the license key remained with that OS installation (which I guess was wiped, at this point).

Uninstalling a game DOES NOT UNLICENSE it. These are separate actions, though some of the uninstallers will prompt to unlicense the game, while many others will not. You need to UNLICENSE the game BEFORE performing any of the following:

1) Reformatting the hard drive ('clean' OS reinstalls, etc.).

2) Reinstalling or Upgrading the OS.

3) Any major hardware changes, primarily any of the following: a new motherboard, a new CPU, a new video card (new non-boot hard drives should not be an issue).

4) Disposing/selling the computer or boot hard drive.

5) Uninstalling the game permanently from a computer.

If you attempt to unlicense a game AFTER some of these actions, then it is possible that you may get an error and the license activation may be 'lost' at that point, requiring a reset to the license key.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

I attempted to unlicense the game first, not uninstall, this is the issue. Furthermore, if you look in my start menu it does not give me a shortcut to unlicense the base module, only the British and the Marines module. I presume because I have purchased the Marines module along with the base game, (as a pack) then there is only one license required? There is a lot of confusion surrounding the installation/uninstallation and licensing of these games if you ask me.

I am now free to unlicense the Marines module on one machine, and license it on the other, but the point is, I appear to have either lost a license, or have locked it by some means.

Phil, there was a bug in versions prior to v1.21 with the unlicensing routines. It would often unlicense only the latest module. This has been fixed in v1.21, so after reinstalling make sure you update to v1.21 always. As part of the v1.21 patch, all the links to unlicense are copied correctly.

The NATO manual will provide detailed instructions on how to unlicense and relicense the base game and modules. There are also updated articles in our Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

In short, the base game does not need to be unlicensed at all, because any module key will relicense the base game automatically.

Martin