CMSF NATO mission editor

Two small things that would be very helpful:

1. Allow "acquire" in editor (the manual actually lists this as a command that can be given in the editor, but now it is gone).

2. Allow setting a reinforcement time at or beyond the maximum battle length (this is the simplest way to remove parts of the OOB from the battle).

Two small things that would be very helpful:

2. Allow setting a reinforcement time at or beyond the maximum battle length (this is the simplest way to remove parts of the OOB from the battle).

already available (3 hr max Reinforcement length) Just don't make your scen 3 hrs and you can hide those pesky units you don't need...

We left out Acquire in the Editor because we didn't have time to code in anti-cheating checks. However, introducing this feature is on a more-or-less immediate ToDo List so it will happen sooner rather than later.

Steve

Thanks Steve. It can be a very useful feature.

already available (3 hr max Reinforcement length) Just don't make your scen 3 hrs and you can hide those pesky units you don't need...

Max scenario length is 4 hours. Max reinforcement time is 3 hours. To be consistent within the editor, there should also be reinforcement times at 3:15, 3:30, 3:45 and 4:00. Although I recognize that 4 hour scenarios will be few and far between, I would also like to see an option for reinforcements at some time past the maximum scenario length, e.g. 4:15, so that segregating part of the OOB is always an option regardless of scenario length.

Max scenario length is 4 hours. Max reinforcement time is 3 hours. To be consistent within the editor, there should also be reinforcement times at 3:15, 3:30, 3:45 and 4:00. Although I recognize that 4 hour scenarios will be few and far between, I would also like to see an option for reinforcements at some time past the maximum scenario length, e.g. 4:15, so that segregating part of the OOB is always an option regardless of scenario length.

AKD,

while I agree that this should be consistent, is it really much of a issue? I'm having a bit of trouble imagining a scenario that is

1) greater than 3 hrs, AND

2) has elements that can't be deleted in the editor, AND

3) including elements in 2) would distort the scen

I know that sometimes there are a few HQs that can't be removed because of the combinations of sub-elements taht have been retained, but ... really? In a scen that long, realistically you're going to need a fairly large map and reasonably large overall forces, I think. Given that, I also think it'd probably work out ok to include the few HQs you can't just delete.