CM Normanday TOE

What TOE table will be used. I am planning stage for 10 two man scenarios for ladder or tournament play as well as challenging one man v ai scenarios. I lost all my tables when my main computer crashed last year. Please point me in right direction. I need both allied and axis tables.

I have all the topical maps i need for the AO and weather reports in hand and now saved on CD. But need to do the same with TOE.

Feel Free to e-mail me gonzoisflyfishing@gmail.com

Thanks

The TOE hasnt been finalized just yet. In any case I am not sure BFC would release it to you in any case as nothing is absolute until the product is finished. :D Probably have to wait for release to come. Never fear its getting closer everyday. :)

And any tester who did give ya it, well they may not be a tester anymore :).

Well, as a small bone I can say that there are already 27 different Battalion sized formations in the game right now. Some are variations on theme, but most are not. And I have probably another 3 or 4 left to create.

As for research materials out there, it's scattered all over the place. The net is also full of out of date stuff that isn't relevant, individual interpretations that are flawed in some way, and of course the usual fleeting posts in threads that lack any sort of cited sources (i.e. take with a pound of salt).

Steve

I should also add, as a tiny bit of meat to the previous bone, that the new TO&E and picking features of Normandy allowed me to make a ton of variants without making a ton of new Battalion formations. Wait until you see the Panzeraufklärungs Batallion... my GOD did that thing drive me crazy. Basically no two Panzer Divisions had the same organization.

In the old CMx1 and Shock Force TO&E method and UI, I would have had to create probably 2 or 3 DOZEN different PzAufklärungs battalions just to mostly get the variants in there. Which means, even though I expect us to have around 30 Battalions when all is said and done, there would have to be many times that number in previous CM games to have the same amount of variety of the organizational elements. Vehicle variants alone would require several thousand Battalion sized variants, so let's not even think about that :)

Steve

You go that right :) The number of TO&E headaches and limitations removed from me between CMx1 and CMx2 was massive. Which isn't surprising since I designed the CMx2 TO&E system explicitly to get rid of the limitations of the CMx1 TO&E system. Normandy's new and improved TO&E system was also designed by me to overcome various shortcomings that became apparent late in CM:SF's development (mostly inefficiencies behind the scenes) or new needs to support WW2 TO&E. And of course Charles tossed in all kinds of variables for me to set which removed headaches form his shoulders.

In the end... less work for me, more variety for you. A good thing indeed :D

Steve