TOW on Steam?

Seems to be a move by 1C rather than BFC, they are also using Gamersgate.

I personally do not like Steam at all, but the price of the complete TOW package is very attractive.

However it doesn't appear to have the mission pack for ToW #1.

That is a bit of a shame as this would otherwise make a good collection purchase for those without the series.

I just bought all 3 TOW games for the 40euros package, I already had TOW1 and 2 and now I have the Kursk game that I wanted plus all the online Steam support for updates etc for the other TOW games.

Maybe the mission editor in TOW2Afrika will work again for me!

Sounds/looks like a great deal, might even find someone online to play.

Cheers

AL

Good to know as I would like to play the Belorussian campaign. ;)

It is there now, TOW was updated to the lastest version today plus the Belorrussian campaign and a few other extras are there too! Brilliant and all at no extra cost!

happy gaming

Alan

It is there now, TOW was updated to the lastest version today plus the Belorrussian campaign and a few other extras are there too! Brilliant and all at no extra cost!

happy gaming

Alan

Good to know - I better take a look over there...! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everybody,

it sounds nice, that it possible to buy the games in steam. I'm a fan of TOW, but I always missing a wrecker in the whole Game series :(, so I am not certained whether the TOW2 makes me fun.

Greats,

Dave

Try the demos. ToW2 is definitely changed from ToW#1.

What do you mean by 'wrecker'?

If you liked ToW, you'll definitely like ToW2 Afrika and ToW2 Kursk. There has been a lot of improvement, (even if at first sight you might be disapointed a little bit by the fact the battles are focused only on one theatre and time period). And with the latest patch, ToW2 Kursk now runs flawlessly. It's a good idea to try the demos to see the differences, and make your own idea of how you like it.

Heyho,

yeah, i bought me the tow packege in steam, and its right, the newer tow are changed, nice changed.

I meant with wrecker a unit, with could repair the tank ( not all, but a small part of a tank: like the wheels or chains ).

In my Tow games it happend a lot times, that my tanks hitted at the beginning, and stands the whole time on the beginning spot, and thats was not really nice :(.

I hope you unterstand, what I mean. My english-writting is very bad.

Best regards,

dave

Ahhh. yes a VT-34 or bergepanzer etc would be nice.

Game design is supposed to be for an engagement rather than a extended time I think, so all repairs occur off map.

Need to learn how not to deploy things...:D the setup phase is pretty critical to keeping things alive.

I like Promt & google for translations, I think your English is OK though. ;)