Behaviors in CMSF

There are 3 things that I have noticed recently (and I am sure that they have been there all along but I did not notice them) are

1. My Syrian tankers, after having left the AFV with pistols are running around with Assault rifles. Should they not be running away with pistols?

2. I have some Humvees with machine guns. They also store additional ammo for other units. When I use up the ammo from the MG they do not take from stores to replenish their own MG. I thought I saw this once but I have not been able to replicate them replenishing their own MG. Am I missing something?

3. I was playing "Ranger II" and the end result said that the reds had 66 men OK and 44 killed. When I look at the board though, there is not one red unit left. Where are these 66 men that I cannot see? Have they run off the board? Does the end game results not display all opposing units?

1. My Syrian tankers, after having left the AFV with pistols are running around with Assault rifles. Should they not be running away with pistols?

As I understand it, one of the main reasons that certain pixeltruppen either have assault rifles when they should have pistols or have pistols but no actual weapon in their hands is because CMSF lacks pistol models and corresponding animations for the handling of pistols.

3. I was playing "Ranger II" and the end result said that the reds had 66 men OK and 44 killed. When I look at the board though, there is not one red unit left. Where are these 66 men that I cannot see? Have they run off the board? Does the end game results not display all opposing units?

Though I'm not sure which particular scenario you're referring to, I can tell you that in some instances a scenario designer allots reinforcements to the AI side which are set to arrive at a time beyond the scenario's time limit. These reinforcements don't ever appear on the map, but they prevent the AI from surrendering before the scenario's time limit has been reached or before the player has had a suitable chance to achieve his objectives.

They actually do have pistols, the assault rifles are a graphical fudge.

This is my scenario. There is a contingent of Syrians that are slated to arrive as reinforcements after the battle ends. They are there to prevent Red from surrendering.

Normal Dude, while playing pigs of war in your campaign the AI surrendered before the time limit and it said there were a lot (it said about 150+) of men OK but when i looked at the map there were at maximum 20 men on the map. I hammered the AI pretty hard in that scen, does the AI sometimes surrender even if it has reinforcements due?

They are both 7.62 and since that is all the info that I have, I am not sure if it is the same ammo or not. I thought all NATO 7.62 was the same.

Is there anything that I can do as commander to tell them "Take out the ammo you idiots and reload your MG"

They are both 7.62 and since that is all the info that I have, I am not sure if it is the same ammo or not. I thought all NATO 7.62 was the same.

Is there anything that I can do as commander to tell them "Take out the ammo you idiots and reload your MG"

A Humvee with 240 MG mounted has 100 rounds of 7.62 belt ammo and 500 rounds of 5.56 ammo. I believe this to be the only configuration. If you can dig up the Humvee you saw that had two supplies of 7.62 ammo please post in what unit you found it. I'll want to test it and possibly bug report. Thanks

I played the scenario again and I was too into playing that I forgot to check this behavior again but I think I was wrong about the caliber. It was 12.7 not 7.62 caliber that reloaded itself in my previous game.

It is a good scenario and I finally won with the Reds surrendering. This 2 houses on the cliffs though get me every time, even if I put a few 155mm shells into them. 8 dead and 33 wounded. All dead were trying to take out those crazy cliff houses.