Film: The Big Red One

Just found out that the original had loads cut from the director's version. It's had some good rebviews so I'm going to order it today- get me in the WW2 mood for Normandy.

There also seems to be a few fairly new B rate WW2 movies out there. Anybody have any recomendations?

I certainly wouldn't call it B-rated, but if you haven't seen
yet I'd check it out. It's not about Normandy at all but about Hitlers bunker and the fall of Berlin.

Yeah, good film, but the the kiddy killing scene still leaves an unpleasant feeling.

You Tube clip of Dark Bule World looks ok, let us now what you think.

I caught sight of a film about a German unit defending a bridge in the last days of the way that looked ok but can't remember the name.

Dark Blue world is indeed an excellent flick IMHO. The Czech production was very rich in detail lots of good looking air battles and I purchased the DVD quite some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed the film. Another lesser known film I really liked was the English film Two Men Went to War based on the book titled Amateur Commandos about the most unlikely British Commandos attacking Germans in in France and remember an army that can't bite can't fight ;) The book was an enjoyable read as well. Cheers

Michael

Die Brücke. There's a listing for it at IMDB.

Michael

Yes, that's it, thanks. I saw the modern version in a supermarket for £5 but wasn't there the week after. May pick up the original first.

Another that caught my eye was 'The Fallen', but haven't sen it. May pick up Cross of Iron too while I've got the WW2 bug.

LOL Runyan99 Didn't he Kepler he said yes.

My film ratings maybe be a bit less then hardcore film fans. I would rate Cross of Iron a solid 8 out of 10 and definitely in the top 25 war films I have seen. Stalingrad is better but Cross of Iron is a excellent movie IMHO. well worth snagging or viewing I remember I paid $70 on VHS in the early 80's as teenager to own it.

IMDB has some info on it as well for those interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074695/

Kern: Do you believe in God, Sergeant?

Sargeant Steiner: I believe God is a sadist, but probably doesn't even know it.