Craters and Marshes (and Water in Normandy)

I suspect I'm not the first to have noticed this, but unsurprisingly you can't get craters in marshes. Which makes sense, since the stuff would flow back to fill up the hole.

It just gets slightly silly when you have a crater on the edge of a marsh tile:

marshcrater.jpg

Presumably water will face the same challenge in CM:N. To be honest, I'm not sure what can be done to 'fix' this

For those who ask what's so hard about adding water properly, consider the immense hassle of having water flow properly with deformable terrain, which with craters and trenches (and hills) can have water flowing just about anywhere on the map, and you really don't want to turn the game into Combat Mission: Viscous Fluid Dynamics. So presumably it will be possible to create water pathologies like the above marsh example in CM:N.

Okay, there isn't much point to this thread. I'm just stalling from writing some JPG manipulation code at work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...