Future patches for SC2, W&W, PDE and PT

Hi all:

One of the things I like best in SC GC is the increased speed of the AI, so my question is if this changes, made to the combat action, could be implemented in the other SC games via a new patch for each? I'd love the AI to play as fast as in GC.

How difficult would this be?

Thanks

rjh1971,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the improvements and while I think it would be great to implement these changes going backwards to the older releases there were just unfortunately too many changes made to make this an easy task. Too many areas of code that have changed completely where it would not be a simple cut and paste of the new more efficient algorithms.

The good news is that the new improvements are here to stay and of course for all new games going forward.

Hubert

I'm afraid I got the answer I was thinking of and didn't want to get. I have beta tested strategy games and I know how time consuming it is to programm and test all the changes, hard to realize how much work is behind a game before it is released, I do.

It would have been really nice but I perfectly understand your point Hubert. Thanks very much for replying. And yes I have enjoyed all your games and will continue buying them as you release them :)

Rafael.