Submachineguns

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

OK Pops. Spare me the chip-on-the-shoulder vet crap. This is a technical discussion about things that go bang. Get over yourself one of these decades huh?

Are you like that guy 'strawberry' in the cheech 'n chong movies?

**sigh** You're quite right -- this =has= gone on -quite- long enough. Have a nice life. :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

Soon is not soon enough in a close firefight. Men are pumped during close combat and many do not notice wounds till later.

Are you seriously telling me that i wouldn't notice a 7.62mm in my body (at least were it enters)??? You may not notice that you are hit at first, but the second you try to do something, you'll know it for sure. </font>

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

"They were formidable opponents. We were urged to kill almost every Siberian twice, and most tough boys still a third time", told many Finnish veterans of wars: "Russian lads, coming against us in closed formation, intoxicated with vodka and singing Le Internationale, were bunny-boys but the Siberians were born soldiers! We met them in February 1940 and we learnt to respect those slant-eyed imps... !" Two bullets were enough for "bunny-boys" but five hits were necessary to dispatch a Siberian "imp". Sometimes they fought back despite ten or twelve wounds from 9 mm bullets.

Perhaps CM should model imps and bunnys?

thats true people often didnt feel a thing when they're shot (right away). they'd just find themselves falling down. or maybe just feel a push on them.

(this thread went horribly off topic) i know of an american indian cheif's wife who was shot over a dozen times and survived. if she was concious she could have fought. the quote doesnt say how the imps hit 12 times fought back. they coulda been lying on the ground throwing snow or doing something interpreted as resisting. there are too many variables to calculate how someone reacts to a bullet. if you see something nasty you never saw before then get shot you'll react differently. if you're weaker inside and you get shot you react differently. by that i mean being weak to being out in the snow, the army, and away from home. when you get hit you may be less likely to get back up. of course if you're hit in the wrong place like the lung, you're not gonna get back up.

ooops i ressurected it.