Problems getting support

Hi,

It's been two weeks since the hacker did his stuff. The same two weeks have seen me without one of my two eLicenses for CMSF, which got destroyed by the virus along with my OS. As soon as the main site was back up, I sent an email to the eLicense support address listed there, asking BFC to reinstate my License. Last week I did the same thing at the helpdesk, took a ticket, gave all my information, and asked again.

So far I have not even received a reply, never mind a new License...what gives, BFC? I realize your busy and life isn't a garden of pink roses, but at least an answer would be appreciated.

Since I don't know what else to do, I am now posting here, hoping someone with influence will see this post and let me know what's up.

Thanks

Have you checked the helpdesk for replies already? Not getting an email notification can be caused by many things, including your email provider spam-blocking the email (the most likely cause in fact). There are no open support cases in the helpdesk now, and we usually reply within hours, so I bet there are replies waiting for you when you log in at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk for a week or more already.

Martin

As far as I can tell a reply has been sent (though I don't know what ticket your request is under). We're usually pretty good about replying back within 24 hours. You can check the responses to your Helpdesk request by logging in (the upper right-hand corner) to the Helpdesk. Your Battlefront Store account should be the account you use for the Helpdesk.

With the hacker attack, we had to change around our web and mail servers. It is possible that your email service delayed ('greylisted') or maybe even bounced the reply email since it was coming from a new IP address. You may want to check your spam/junk mail folder and see if the reply was delivered there.

Edit: Martin beat me to it...

Thanks guys, looks like it was done a couple days ago - funny because I could have sworn it hadn't worked the day before yesterday when I tried. Works now, anyway - W00T!!!

Sorry to have raised a rucus here - I also didn't really figure out how the helpdesk worked, I guess. I thought I was going to receive an email or something. Anyway, cheers!

I just spoke with hotmail (and msn.com and live.com which all are essentially the same) and our email was greylisted because the IP changed and apparently they required a manual info about this (unlike all the other email providers out there where it works automatically). So this may have been holding up emails if you are using one of these. Should be resolved now within the next 24-48 hours.

Martin

I just spoke with hotmail (and msn.com and live.com which all are essentially the same) and our email was greylisted because the IP changed and apparently they required a manual info about this (unlike all the other email providers out there where it works automatically). So this may have been holding up emails if you are using one of these. Should be resolved now within the next 24-48 hours.

If you are greylisted it should still work fine. If the mails fail on greylisting your sending smtp server is broken.

If the greylisting you talk about is what is normally called greylisting you do have a problem on your outgoing SMTP server. You will fail on many more sites and you can't ask all of them to put your mail sender into an exception list. Just for starters my own stuff only stopped greylisting a couple weeks ago.

You really want to discuss this with whoever does your outgoing SMTP service. Of course they'll say greylisting is wrong but alas I know for fact that your own previous SMTP server was conformant, otherwise I would have never gotten any of your mails.