A few questions before I buy

My main concern with these types of games is the overwhelming unit count. I just played the demo and saw that the axis had 62 ground units to start. The only other game I've played (and liked) in this genre were the fast maps on Commander: Europe at War. On the fast maps you're managing maybe 20 unit. So....

1. Is it possible to have the AI play Japan while I play Germany, Italy, etc.?

2. Does SC2 have small map versions like Commander:EAW?

#1 Does not I looked

#2 The SC2 default global is a smaller scale than CEAW but larger scope, the world.

CEAW

Game Playability: About equal is ease

Graphics and Sound: CEAW is prettier than SC2 and the sounds are slightly better.

Strategy: SC2

Flexability: SC2

More things to do: SC2 CEAW has no raiding via ship or plane, no port blockade, I think it has less unit types also.

AI: SC2 just because you can program it.

MODS: SC2 hands down. Best editor and people make excellent mods here. CEAW editor is clumsy (last I checked) and the map is no changable in geography.

Global version: SC2 only

If you liked CEAW you will like SC2 more.

Hi

1. It isn't currently possible for the AI to control one power while you control another. As the demo is the 1942 scenario when everyone is already at war, that campaign is a lot busier right from the start than the 1939 scenario, which starts with far fewer units. Obviously things build up from there, but the demo is fairly near the peak number of units, and given the global scope of the game it would be pretty hard to reduce this number too much.

2. The official campaigns that come with the game all use the same Global map as in the demo, but the modding community already have some scenarios available, with more to come, which may be more in line with what you're thinking of. Keep an eye on the forum here because the modders will post here.

Alternatively, if you prefer smaller campaigns that aren't necessarily Global then previous games in the SC series may be more up your street?

@mgdpublic

I fully understand your concern about the number of units , I feel the same way once .

I still remember when I first play HPS Normandy , nearly stunned to see so many unit that I thought this game is unplayable but now it is my favorite game

What help when playing a huge number of units is to break them down into smaller group and assign smaller objective to each group . So each turn you just go through the smaller group of units ( which is the same as playing few units in a small map) and in no time you will find the intial huge units and map is not huge at all , you might even find that there is not enough units to play around !!!

I have yet to buy SC Global , still saving money for it but this is a game that you do not want to miss

Cheers

Alternatively, if you prefer smaller campaigns that aren't necessarily Global then previous games in the SC series may be more up your street?

Well this is what I was wondering. That is, if the improvements to AI and overall playability (like sleeping units) are worth managing a few more units. If I have to play Japan then I don't think so. Do you guys think the mod community will have a european theatre mod that is similar to the vanilla WaW game (without too much added complexity)? I realize I asked the question in a previous thread but am asking for a comment on complexity. Thanks.

Big Al,

Since you're obviously knowledgable about modding. Are you able to definitively answer this question for me? Is it possible to have a PvP network game so that each player could play cooperatively? Meaning one plays the Germans and minors while the other plays Japan? The AI would control the allies. Is that possible?

Big Al,

Since you're obviously knowledgable about modding. Are you able to definitively answer this question for me? Is it possible to have a PvP network game so that each player could play cooperatively? Meaning one plays the Germans and minors while the other plays Japan? The AI would control the allies. Is that possible?

No. One side is axis one allies.

Now if its hotseat you can.