normal vs veteran game settings

I've upped the game settings to make things harder for me, but the main effect that this has for me is that my men now won't fire at the target I select for them. my tiger would rather shoot at a singular soldier in a nearby trench instead of the 3 su22 coming down the road. How do I get my men back under control again?

wow you want it harder???!!?? I think it's hard enough on 'normal' but each to their own! :D

I was under the impression the difficulty level just effects morale?

I find it hard on easy. :)

I'll copy what the various levels do.

1. Novice — Your forces inflict more damage to and receive less

damage from the enemy; morale can be enabled or disabled.

2. Regular — Weapon characteristics and inflicted damage correspond

to real world values; morale can be enabled or disabled.

3. Veteran — Enemies are somewhat more accurate than on Regular;

you can not disable soldiers morale; weapon characteristics and

inflicted damage correspond to real world values. In addition,

damaged parts of enemy vehicles are no longer visible in popup

information side-panel.

I play the game on Novice level but leave Morale settings on because it just feels more realistic.

I haven't tried the other levels yet because I am finding I don't typically get many blind side shots at the enemy and I still take considerable losses.

robecq: You can manually train your turret away from the undesired targets.

If you are stationary: Use Defend order and point turret in correct direction.

If you are moving: Select the move command and the turret will rotate in your movement direction.

Thanks to Sneaksie I've got this figured out.

Yeh, I played the game on novice as well, way more enjoyable. I notice that as your troops gain experience, the spotting gets better. Some of my crews are at elite now and can spot hidden at guns and tanks much better. All my Tiger and panther crews are elite, and they are very lethal. What sucks is that if a tank is damaged it is out for the campaign. I'm down to 1 tiger and 5 panthers, so I have to be very careful with them. If I loose a panther that has an elite crew, I move the crew to a Pz IV. An elite crew in a Pz IV is still very capable.