Buffer Overrun Error in Demo

I've downloaded and installed the Kursk 1943 demo to try it out before I purchase the game. However, when I try to run the demo, I get a Microsfoft Visual C++ Runtime Library box that says "Buffer overrun detected!" etc. etc. Then, I get CTD. Any ideas? Thanks...

Where did you download the demo, was it from one of our links to another download service ? Is this definitely the Battlefront version or the previous 'Russian' 1C version ?

The error you're getting may be indicative that something else is wrong with your computer. To my knowledge TOW 2 Kursk 1943 does NOT install the Microsoft C++ Runtimes and I don't believe it is dependent on them either (though the editors ARE dependent on the .NET 2.0 Framework libraries/files). Do you have any issues with Internet Explorer ? You may want to run scans with your anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware utilities.

It looks like I was incorrect, the msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll files support Visual C/C++ with the .NET Framework and Windows. I was thinking of the entire Visual C++ Redistributable's runtimes. Typically I've seen the 'msvcr71.dll' often used with our eLicense dialog box code.

What Windows version are you running and what anti-virus/security suite software are you running ?

Are there more details to the error or the exact error message (all of it) ?

You may want to run a disk check (chkdsk) to make sure there are no file system problems.

I also have a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error in ToW2_Kursk release. The game freeze, and a "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error" windows popup saying the error is with program:\Battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk 1943\Kursk1943.bin

Knokke - The 'Kursk1943.bin' file that I have is 15,951,872 bytes for the full version. Are you speaking about the full version or the Demo ?

As a curiosity, which video cards are you both using (boog2006 and Knokke) ? I believe I've seen an example of the buffer overrun error where someone had a video card that wasn't fully DirectX 9.0c/Shader Model 3.0 compliant (underneath the 'minimum requirements').