bad text display

Horus

Hello. Great Game ! But i need some help. Geforce 2 mx Det. 21.81 driver Win 2000pro.

1024x768 75 hz . my text in order menu is bad

but i can read it . briefing in game ( alt - B) dont work i see nothing ! At start briefing text is overlapping ( right word ? -

sorry my english isn´t very good ). Some suggestions ?

If it's happening after you switch from 3D back to 2D (e.g. to show a briefing or AAR), switch out of the game, and back to it. That should help with a white-text-becomes-transparent-on-Win2K/nVidia issue. You might also want to get DeanCo's "clipboard" command-menu interface, which should help with command text readability. More drastically, you could switch to certain old Detonator drivers -- search the board for 'detonator', 'FSAA', and 'version' -- that should probably be enough search keys.

Horus: If you do find a solution, could you publish the trick here? I also have the same

problem with briefings. Recently when I accidentally disabled and then enabled my network adapter I could see those briefings for a while, but now they are gone again. I'm also using 21.81 drivers just like you.

Ok. With detonator 14.10 and FSAA ON ! the briefinings ok. But the in Game Text and Unit Information isn´t good. So it is not perfect but playable. One of two isn´t sooo bad smile.gif. Is this only a Win 2000 / nvidia prob ? If yes = BTS can you tell Nvidia about this ? Always new drivers and nothing really goes better. That is poor ! For BTS only if i had FSAA ON CMBO had made a Dircet X Check. If FSAA OFF there a only a Display check. Listen your Game is great but can you do a better Graphic Setup like it is in other Games? Choose Card and so on. Think you know what i mean. You (BTS) have the Chance to make a REAL GO(O)D GAME-now work on the Details too! I know with all this ****ty OS and different Hardware this is real hard work. But the Gamer would love you for that!!! Don´t ignore the ding prob ! Against a Human your Game grows to heavy enjoyable play! So good look for you and your work smile.gif)

Actually for Windows 2000 you should turn on FSAA. This should help with the in game text (though I've seen some shimmering with the latest 21.85 drivers). On a GeForce2 MX FSAA will slow down the game quite a bit (especially at high resolutions). Typically you have to ESC out of CM and come back to clear up the 'transparent text' issues, though this doesn't work for all screens or text issues.