Problems

Combat Mission; Barbarossa to Berlin unexpectedly quits!

I manage to start up Combat Mission; Afrika Korps and see the start screen, and the it goes through the whole procedure of briefing and all that. When it is finished with that the only thing I see is a black screen with a large brown rectangle in the middle of the screen. Inside this rectangle there are in turn three white rectangles - a large one to the left, a small rectangle in the middle and a large rectangle to the right which moves back and forwards for a little while and then stops.

I can hear sound in the background.

What is wrong?

I have an iMac G4 800 mhz 15 inch flat display fitted out with 768 MB RAM.

Mac OS X 10.2.8 is installed on this computer.

I run the games in the classical environment (with system 9.1 installed).

The current CM series (CMBO, CMBB & CMAK) doesn't work in OS X. You have to boot into Classic mode (not running OS X at all) in order for the CM series to work. This of course assumes that your Mac can still boot into 9.x/Classic and that you have the appropriate extensions to support RAVE 3D for your videocard.

Your G4 800MHz iMac probably should be able to boot into OS 9.x/Classic. According to Apple if your iMac (Flat Panel) has a serial number of xx303xxxxxx or later, then it will only boot into OS X. If you can boot into OS 9.2.2/Classic, then the OS should have the necessary extensions to support the built-in Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 32Mb display that should allow the CM series to work. As far as I can tell OS 9.2.2 has the latest extensions for the Nvidia display adapters.

CMBO might work in "software mode" within OS X, but I'm not absolutely sure. You would probaby have to remove the 'Classic RAVE' extension in this case. I'm not sure about removing it if you can boot into Classic in the above scenario.