Advanced Third Reich Mod for Global Conflict

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the Global Conflict when it came out and didn't really touch it until I went back to the forums and noticed this mod. To tell you the truth, I always wanted to play the boardgame Advanced Third Reich but never had anyone close by to try it and I also didn't have the game. Then, technology came along and the computer wargame was developed. One of the best inventions of all-time. Now, I can play against the computer.

I play at the beginner level and I am still having trouble knocking out the USSR with the 1941 scenario start. However, in the middle of a game now - captured Moscow, outside Leningrad and a few hexes from Stalingrad. However, have captured all of North Afrika east of Tunisia and all of Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq etc. Turkey still neutral and just declared war on Iran and I'm moving north with Italian and German units. I then plan on hitting the Caucasus and oil fields. I have also contained the USA in western North Afrika and will mop up the USA in North Afrika in a month or 2. If time doesn't run out I might try to land in London. I never tried this strategy to this point before and I of course wanted to knock out the USSR but unable to do that when I play the game.

How do you guys knock out the USSR so easily? Tips appreciated

USSR is not intended to be knocked out easily even at beginner level, and certainly not at the recommended Expert +1.5 difficulty. At best perhaps a good crippling if you can take Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad?

Playing a beat-the-AI game can be fun for a little while but for me the challenge is playing the tough game and trying to beat history. As Allies, try to defeat Axis before Spring 1945. As Axis, try to hold out past Summer 1945. The most interesting point in a game is when the initiative shifts from Axis to Allies, and the timing of that shift varies. Kinda dull otherwise?