Question: Why do troops lose moral for riding a train?

Hello,

While waiting (salivating actually) for my new game to arrive I've been reading the manual to SC-GC. I have never played any of the other SC games so I needs to be edumakated.:D

It states in the manual on page 65 that when troops use operational movement they loose 25% to 40% moral. Why would troops lose moral for riding a train?:confused:

Cheers,

Geofighter.

The loss in readiness addresses the complexity and confusion of moving such large bodies of troops over rail. You have to make sure you know what is loaded where, where it is going, what order to load it, where to unload it, where to leave it sitting if it changes rails, coordinate its pick up by another train if it changes rails, stage it at the other end, get the actual troops from point A to point B ect ect ect.......

Sound a little bit overwhelming? Now imagine doing this for every Company in that Corps or Army that you are moving. The point is that the readiness loss reflects the unit not being able to just detrain and roll into combat. Of course units could and did do exactly that but they were not as effective as they would have been without the movement they had just endured thus the readiness loss reflects this "lag" that units experience on a movement of that scale.