Demo bugs

Mastiff

Hi guys me again great job on this version much more mature then the first releases of TOW series and further development.

First thing the infantry tend to be invisible when looked at from certain areas not sure if that video problem.. I can see the weapons from these avatars floating seemingly in the air but nobody holding them..

Would like to close some of the ui tools for video purposes..

when the Air to ground engagements start..

The units seem much more responsive then in the past considering higher end CPU's to accomplish this. 4 core is much better than 2 core or single, so you guys that are having issues with stutters and slow response time from the avatars, you probably need an up grade; all the calculation the CPU is doing is tracking all the units on the system and trying to keep up with the graphics and physics as well.

All in all not a bad experiance on my end. Sig has my setup specs..

AKA

Mastiff

Wolfseven

Also noticed for some reason, when I get my infantry into the same trench as the enemy infantry they don't see each other and when they do I get allot of suicidal attacks..

They will disappear reappear and then can't figure out to shoot or throw a grenade, most of the time they just throw a grenade at the enemy standing right next to them killing everyone and themselves.

I tried to get the squad leader to cover with smoke but he will not throw it..

well, my game issues are all intermittant, like a panther being dropped in the setup in the red trenches OOPS, but nothing I could duplicate...

That happens on assault on syrtsev mission if you choose more than (i think) 7 tanks, looks like there wasnt enaugh placeholders.

lol, I put the infantry in the crawl mod as suggested and they still get blowed up by the mines is there some sort of sweeper mod I'm supposed to put them in?

Also I was getting single small red square for the point of fire to the ground now it's a huge rectangle, something wrong with that..

Also I was getting single small red square for the point of fire to the ground now it's a huge rectangle, something wrong with that..

When you select to attack the ground you can either click a location and place a small square, or click and hold then drag your mouse to create a rectangle (a larger area of fire). You must of dragged it without realising..? :P

I can attach it when i bail out the crew from the gun and move them far away from the gun, so they not can man it before the gun is attached to the vehicle. Soldiers nearby are also trying to man the gun even in dont move command. The when i try to mount the vehicle i have to click several times before all of them are on board.

I have been playing the demo and on 3 separate occasions I have clicked on a tank to select it and the entire game disappears from the screen, not minimized, just vanishes.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 bit, on an HP Pavilion model e9280t Desktop computer with an Intel i7 CPU, 12 GB RAM and a NVidia GeForce GTX 260 video card displaying 1920 x 1080 at 60 hz.

After the second vanishing I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card, apparently without effect.

Any thoughts?

I have been playing the demo and on 3 separate occasions I have clicked on a tank to select it and the entire game disappears from the screen, not minimized, just vanishes.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 bit, on an HP Pavilion model e9280t Desktop computer with an Intel i7 CPU, 12 GB RAM and a NVidia GeForce GTX 260 video card displaying 1920 x 1080 at 60 hz.

After the second vanishing I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card, apparently without effect.

Any thoughts?

Its pretty obvious you have too much computing power for this game thats the problem. Whats on the 260 card 1.8gb ram?..... Just kidding pretty impressive.

Its pretty obvious you have too much computing power for this game thats the problem. Whats on the 260 card 1.8gb ram?..... Just kidding pretty impressive.

Since my last note, I downloaded/installed Microsoft's hotfix KB976972 {apparently there is an issue with computers running more than 4 GB RAM and Windows 7 x64 Bit} and began a new game.

I experienced a different kind of crash this time, my Avast antivirus popped up to tell me the database had updated. The game minimized and I saw two information boxes, each saying "Runtime error #3 (trap)". I was able to reopen the game and continue. One of the three earlier "disappearances" coincided with this same type of event. Now at least I can recover and resume play.

I changed the settings on the antivirus to look for full screen applications (games) prior to issuing one of these annoying popup reminders. I'll report later on whether this seems to end the game shutdowns.