Demo bugs

Mastiff

Since my last note, I downloaded/installed Microsoft's hotfix KB976972 {apparently there is an issue with computers running more than 4 GB RAM and Windows 7 x64 Bit} and began a new game.

I experienced a different kind of crash this time, my Avast antivirus popped up to tell me the database had updated. The game minimized and I saw two information boxes, each saying "Runtime error #3 (trap)". I was able to reopen the game and continue. One of the three earlier "disappearances" coincided with this same type of event. Now at least I can recover and resume play.

I changed the settings on the antivirus to look for full screen applications (games) prior to issuing one of these annoying popup reminders. I'll report later on whether this seems to end the game shutdowns.

Yeah, I tried another game and it crashed again with the same message.... I sent an inquiry back to Hewlett Packard, but right now it looks like I won't be able to get through an entire scenario without experiencing "Run time Error #3 (Trap)"....

Yeah, I tried another game and it crashed again with the same message.... I sent an inquiry back to Hewlett Packard, but right now it looks like I won't be able to get through an entire scenario without experiencing "Run time Error #3 (Trap)"....

Which video card are you running? GTX 260 try turning the water in the game down to medium or low...and uncheck HDR, and uncheck ambient oclusion.

Yes, I'm running the NVidia GeForce GTX260 video card. Thanks for the suggestion; this makes a lot of sense. I can't get to it right away, but certainly will test your recommendations and report back later this week.

Yes, I'm running the NVidia GeForce GTX260 video card. Thanks for the suggestion; this makes a lot of sense. I can't get to it right away, but certainly will test your recommendations and report back later this week.

Well, I noticed some unusual behavior, so I uninstalled the Demo, and reinstalled it with the OS and driver mods in place. Everything seems to work now, with no crashes with the exception of the "random" battle feature. No matter how I set up my preferences, I am always playing the German troops with a small contingent defending on the Russian side of the river facing a small hoard of Russian troops. This isn't very random.... Something must still be "broken" but I don't know where to look for it.