MRAPs

Camon

You mean Caiman... ;)

And don't thanks. ;P

Well, US.Army and U.S.M.C. use much more MRAP's.

MaxxPro, MaxxPro Dash, Bufallo, Caiman, RG-31, RG-33, Cougar (in many versions), and many more.

But I don't think that such vehicles will be used in hot time of war, these will be just heavy, big, better armored trucks protecting only against IED's and in up-armored versions against EFP's and some RPG's used by insurgency...

In some way it could be interesting to use them, but practical with current game? I have some doubts.

In normal symetrical conflict the only, mine resistant ambush protected vehicle that could be used to support Humvee's and replace them in more dangerous zones is M-ATV, but it is new vehicle and game doesen't simulate curren't period of time.

The Marine's cheap alternative to the grossly expensive MRAP is the armored body MTVR, and that's in the game.

I don't know what's going on lately, but a couple years ago the Marines had placed a huge initial MRAP order but quickly slashed the order and went the MTVR route instead. A recent PBS Frontline show followed Marines in Afghanistan and they were travelling in MTVR.

I believe Flamingknives told us when I asked about putting the Mastiff PPV in game that these vehicles are not relevant to CMSF as CMSF focuses around the initial invasion of Syria and as such there is no 'holding' phase, which I guess is fair enough.

One thing I would love is the ability to add our own models and textures, I think this is the one game that would prompt me to learn how to model/texture and the rest.

C'est la vie, eh?

You mean Caiman... ;)

And don't thanks. ;P

Well, US.Army and U.S.M.C. use much more MRAP's.

MaxxPro, MaxxPro Dash, Bufallo, Caiman, RG-31, RG-33, Cougar (in many versions), and many more.

But I don't think that such vehicles will be used in hot time of war, these will be just heavy, big, better armored trucks protecting only against IED's and in up-armored versions against EFP's and some RPG's used by insurgency...

In some way it could be interesting to use them, but practical with current game? I have some doubts.

In normal symetrical conflict the only, mine resistant ambush protected vehicle that could be used to support Humvee's and replace them in more dangerous zones is M-ATV, but it is new vehicle and game doesen't simulate curren't period of time.

I knew I had miss spelled it.

It's too bad but i do see your piont though. I would be cool though if you wanted to do current OIF scenarios.