problem with the mission generator

Knokke

I can run the tutorial mission without problem. I t runs very smooth, even if my hardware is starting to be a bit old (Vista 32 Dual core 2Ghz with 2Gb RAM & Nvidia 8600M GS with 512Mb RAM). Same goes for the Russian and German mission.

But when I create a mission with the mission generator, I'm unable to play it: when the mission launch, the game quits to desktop.

I understand that i'm "a little bit" short in memory, but I'm surprised that the missions created by the mission generator would not work when everything else is.

Any idea what could be the reason?

Hmm, I didn't do anything special on my Vista and the Mission Generator played OK.

My only issue was I can't seem to get any panzers but the useless Pz II (only 58 at Kursk and not used as combat tanks) and the Pz III. I don't mind the Pz III but if its a Mission Generator why can't I select a Pz IV, Stug or even a V or VI. How about Marders?

Oops I was wrong I do see Marders in Mission Generator.

Hmm, I didn't do anything special on my Vista and the Mission Generator played OK....

lucky you. Depending on security settings and whether one is logged as admin or user.( 64 bit is worse for this tho)

When running a new exe for the first time right click run as adm. Also check the battle file in the mission folder mine was padlocked:confused:.

you should only have to do this once it seems

is your vista set for full administrator rights?

I disabled Vista's User Access Control a long time ago, so I didn't expect this to be the problem. I've launched the demo with the administration option on to make sure, and it appears that now the mission generator is working perfectly...

i'm "liking" Vista more and more each time.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Nikki.

By the way, the loadouts in the mission generator seems a bit strange to me: selecting "mechanized infantry" in the options, it appears that one can't select halftrack to go with the infantry. I'm not to worried about the loadouts though, as it's probably only a limitation of the demo (and if it should be the same in the final product, it is probably not going to be very difficult to add/modify default loadouts by editing a text file in the game).

I would like to know if the time limit for the missions created in the mission generator is only an option in the final game (a type of game with limited time), or if all the missions will have this feature?

I sure hope one can have the choice of unlimited time. I've just made the experience that being forced to rush toward the ennemy lines while under heavy air attack because of the time limit is really a frustrating experience. I sure would like to have the possibility to take the time to hide my vehicles under the trees while there is an air attack going on, waiting till the ennemy aircraft leave the area before starting to move again. Those Sturmovik are nasty, but it seems to improve survability a lot to hide tanks and vehicles in the midst of vegetation. It's even fun to wait when they pass above, not knowing if they'll notice something and drop some nasty surprise.

Yes, pilots engage only the targets they can see from above during the run. It's possible for a plane to see it's target too late to be able to engage it, so it won't fire and go for another run.

Time is limited to 30 minutes in assault and siege missions and unlimited in attack and defence ones. Assault and siege are more 'agressive' type of missions, where you need to act quickly or defend against more agressively attacking enemy.

I don't remember, inability to select halftracks maybe a demo limitation or they may be available iа you select a larger army size.