QB

Is Battlefront going to fix QB most are unplayable due to poor troop mix. One element has been taken out of this game and make longevity questionable. I just setup a game as a Brit defender, the troop mix was terrible a platoon of engineers and whole lot of landrovers and WMIKs

Battlefront please adjust for greater enjoyment

Ron

The QB system in CMSF will remain in it's feeble state. Maybe, just maybe a little fix here or there, but expect no significant new features.

Future games will have the system as mentioned in the Cherry Picking thread.

I guess I 'm looking for any new features just just some improvement on the the existing ones. Battlefront cannot honestly say the QBs enjoyable in their present state.

Wood,

If you use the search function available for the Forums you will probably find the info. you are looking for regarding Quick Battles.

These are quotes from Steve (Battlefront):

02-07-2008

One thing I have talked about in the past, and will continue to discuss in the future, is QuickBattles. I think it's safe to say that is the single area that people feel needs improvement. CMx1's QB system was a first attempt and it had its fair share of problem areas. CMx2's QB system is a second attempt and it too has some problem areas. What we will do (sooner rather than later) is begin to change CMx2's system to give a more CMx1 feel to it without recreating the old problems that CMx2 got rid of.

08-13-2009

Now, this doesn't mean we're dropping one group in favor of another. Far from it. The new QB system going into Normandy is almost exclusively aimed towards those who want a more generic, open ended game experience. The reason we're comfortable about that is it turns out that the ones who tend to favor a more structured, realistic environment don't play QBs much, if at all. Therefore, having a system geared towards them is pointless. Might as well not include Quick Battles at all in that case. But instead we're redoing the whole system with a different player type in mind. We are NOT going to do that for Campaigns any time soon. It would be really, really good if everybody could just deal with that.

01-16-2010

CM: Normandy will introduce a new QuickBattle system that will be a hybrid between the concepts of the QB systems of both CMx1 and CM:SF. Players will be able to choose their own maps or have the system pick from the hundreds that are available. Or will be available, just like there are for CM:SF already.