Where to place Mods?

I'm familiar with using Mods and add ons from many other games. I can download and unzip the files, just not sure where to place them. I'm mostly interested in unit skins right now, and will be looking to player generated Scenerios and Campaigns after I wear out the vanilla sce's and campaigns.

I searched though the CMBB folders, and didnt see any "Mods" folder. I found a few skins in the BMP folder, but it doesnt seem like there are enough skins in there to cover every single vanilla unit.

BTW I did a search before posting, I checked GreenAsJade's CM Mod Warehouse, and I have looked at a few "readme files" from a few skins I've downloaded, have yet to find a "how to" for using Mods in CMBB.

Cheers.

Mods for the CMx1 series are very basic and just pretty much consist of .BMP files or .WAV files, so just the \BMP and \WAV directories is where they would be dumped. Most of them actually replace .BMP files or .WAV files that currently exist in the game. So you will be overwriting files with these mods, unless you backup the originals beforehand. There are a few winter mods which don't replace anything (this was very true of CMBO), but I'm not sure how true of CMBB it is though.

There have been different mod managers in the past, which seek to manage all the various skins used in case you want something a little more specific and/or restore the originals, but I'm not familiar with what is currently in use (some mods were geared towards certain mod managers in the past).

Many thanks.

I already have a few installed, and they're looking great.

Seem to have a problem with getting winter mods/whitewash working.

All the "normal" skins I've installed, ask to overwrite existing files, which makes sense. I install these, they overwrite the vanilla files, and show up in game when I go to test the skin.

When I install the winter mods, they're not overwriting anything, and they dont show up in game. Is there another special folder I need to create for winter BMP mods? I'm POSITIVE i'm loading the proper vehicle, with the proper dates for the scenerio I create(ie 1943 late models... ect)

Apparently there's not edit function..

Another noob question, i checked in tech support and did a search just FYI.

I have a 24 inch wide screen. The gameplay resolution is great, but the splash screen once the game loads is pretty small, is it suppose to be that small?