Dismounting troops in WEGO

Arrad

Hey there guys. Bought CMSF today and I'm having a blast so far. I only encountered a minor problem which I haven't found a solution for so far.

I prefer playing WEGO, but I'm having problems with dismounting Infantery after Stryker movement.

What I mean is that instead of ordering the Stryker to drive somewhere, wait 60 seconds, then order the Infantery to dismount, I rather want to let the infantery dismount the vehicle immediatly after it reached its final waypoint.

I searched on the forum and looked into the handbook, still no solution. Any professional help?

EDIT: Quickly asking another question. Is it still possible to drag certain waypoints, like in previous CM title, instead of completely doing them again?

Hey Arrad,

Unfortunately, for both these there is no real solution at the moment.

Although you can give pause & move orders to infantry based on your ETA of the vehicle, they will exit as soon as the pause is finished. This is quite cumbersome but is helpful when things really matter. And you can press backspace to delete the last waypoint so you don't have to do *everything* again.

Have fun! :)

Hey there guys. Bought CMSF today and I'm having a blast so far. I only encountered a minor problem which I haven't found a solution for so far.

I prefer playing WEGO, but I'm having problems with dismounting Infantery after Stryker movement.

What I mean is that instead of ordering the Stryker to drive somewhere, wait 60 seconds, then order the Infantery to dismount, I rather want to let the infantery dismount the vehicle immediatly after it reached its final waypoint.

I searched on the forum and looked into the handbook, still no solution. Any professional help?

EDIT: Quickly asking another question. Is it still possible to drag certain waypoints, like in previous CM title, instead of completely doing them again?

Just give the guys inside a movement order to where you want them to dismount AND at the same time give movement orders to the vehicle. Once the vehicle comes to a full and complete stop the guys will dismount and move to wherever you want.

Although you can give pause & move orders to infantry based on your ETA of the vehicle, they will exit as soon as the pause is finished.
Actually, I've found that infantry will not dismount until the vehicle stops moving. I often give my men 5 second pauses for a 30+ second trip.

Arrad, if you give your men a 5 second pause (anytime really), and then give them a move order they will wait for the vehicle to reach its final waypoint and then dismount and move towards their waypoint.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82036 This should help

Okay guys. Thanks for the help and advise. Your ideas really work great ingame.

Though right now another question popped up, while playing a scenario.

As it is right now, Soldiers obviously get wounded, but I somehow can't see through the whole wounding mechanics.

Can anybody explain the whole thing to me? Like why are there sometimes brown and sometimes red circles around the wounded? And can soldiers die immediatly after a hit or basically always are considered wounded and just die if no treatment is recieved?

Okay guys. Thanks for the help and advise. Your ideas really work great ingame.

Though right now another question popped up, while playing a scenario.

As it is right now, Soldiers obviously get wounded, but I somehow can't see through the whole wounding mechanics.

Can anybody explain the whole thing to me? Like why are there sometimes brown and sometimes red circles around the wounded? And can soldiers die immediatly after a hit or basically always are considered wounded and just die if no treatment is recieved?

A red circle means the soldier is severely wounded, a brown circle means he's dead. At the end of the game there is a chance that soldiers who are severely wounded "die" after the battle. Giving treatment to these guys reduces this chance. Whether they live or die after getting hit depends on lots of thing like where they're hit, wearing body armour or not, etc... (but there is some leeway to this). Best is to try not to let get hit :)

Actually, I've found that infantry will not dismount until the vehicle stops moving. I often give my men 5 second pauses for a 30+ second trip.

Arrad, if you give your men a 5 second pause (anytime really), and then give them a move order they will wait for the vehicle to reach its final waypoint and then dismount and move towards their waypoint.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82036 This should help

That's the intended behaviour certainly, and how it normally works, but there is a bug where sometimes the infantry will disembark immediately / when the pause finishes even when the vehicle is already moving at top speed. I've only seen it happen when at the orders phase I give orders to men in a vehicle that is already moving, but I've not looked in to how the bug is actually triggered. I've not seen it in the latest patch, but don't recall any comment that it had been fixed either.

Hey Slug,

In our ongoing PBEM I have unfortunately encountered it two times IIRC :(

Speaking of which, don't you owe me a turn? :D

On a related note, though as I said I haven't encountered this bug in quite some time, I have had a strange encounter with another ancient bug in our PBEM. Remember the one where you'd plot a movement order for a squad, and all of the men would follow it normally, except for one guy who would bizarrely run in the opposite direction for hundreds of meters? And if the squad ever ended up regrouping, it wouldn't be until many turns later and they had become exhausted from all the running the one guy was doing. I recall this was patched many months ago, and yet I saw it for the first time in as many months in a recent turn of ours. I wonder if there's something amiss with this scenario, like part of it was built with an older version and thus it inherited some of the older version's bugs. The scenario in question is the excellent "UK Outmanuevered: TURBOCHARGED", btw.

Hah, I went home for lunch and was hoping to see a turn in my inbox.

I can't imagine you have too many Kornets left; given the number of damaged tracks, optics, and main guns I'm dealing with, I would say you've already exhausted an ATGM platoon's worth of ammo! Or am I just being overly hopeful? :)

Okay guys. Thanks for all the help and advise again. Once you get the hang of the new game mechanics its rather easy to create more complicated movements.

3 things are still bugging me though, and I hope someone could answer me these last questions.

1) Can woudned soldiers only recieve buddy aid from soldiers of their squad/group, or can anyone do it?

2) Is it possible to set up an MG INSIDE a building or on its roof? I mean I know its possible but will it shoot? Or have a visual on targets outside? Just asking cause I noticed the 2 soldiers manning the mg get down on the ground instead of setting it up at the windows or sth.

3) Is it an installation fault or are there really just these few battle scenarios?

I remember in old CM titles there were like 50 Missions included, where as in CMSF I can only find around 20.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer.

Still I'm having trouble getting set up Mgs in buildings to fire. Following situation:

My 3 men mg squad was on the first floor in a building. The Mg was set up and pointing into the enemies direction. When enemies appeared in a building about 200 meters infront the only guy from my mg squad that was actually shooting was the third man who was equipped with a M4. He returned fire ( so I definatly was able to "see" the enemy) but the 2 MG guys just sat there doing nothing. Any explanation for that? Or maybe a bug?

Arrad,

Take a look at the CMSF v. 1.20 pdf manual. (The game is patched to v. 1.21 but the main CMSF manual will show v. 1.20 on the cover page). It is really easy to search for info. using the pdf manual.

Buddy Aid - pages 42, 48, and 49

Machine Guns - pages 73 and 74

Scenarios - depends on the number of modules you have installed. CMSF base game comes with a set number of Scenarios, if you purchase the Marines and British modules, you will get additional Scenarios. There are also many player designed Scenarios available at the Battlefront Repository - http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314

Arrad,

Take a look at the CMSF v. 1.20 pdf manual. (The game is patched to v. 1.21 but the main CMSF manual will show v. 1.20 on the cover page). It is really easy to search for info. using the pdf manual.

Buddy Aid - pages 42, 48, and 49

Machine Guns - pages 73 and 74

Scenarios - depends on the number of modules you have installed. CMSF base game comes with a set number of Scenarios, if you purchase the Marines and British modules, you will get additional Scenarios. There are also many player designed Scenarios available at the Battlefront Repository - http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314

Whoopsie. It's not that I'm stupid or too lazy too look it up myself. I purchased the box version of the game and therefore thought all I needed to know was inside the manual. Obviously that's not the case as neither the MG stuff or the Buddy Aid was mentioned. Accidently I thought the .pdf was the same as the manual. I'm sorry for that. Thanks anyways :)

Sorry to bother you guys again with one of my stupid question but I'm having a little problem with Arty.

If I understood everything correctly, having a visual on the target area highers your accuracy, but isn't necessary to call in arty. So you basically can "blindfire" arty into an area. But everytime I try to let my spotter select an area he can't see (because he is behind a hill, or any other obstacle), the cursor just says "No visual" and I cannot use arty.

Or do I have to see the area with my spotter?