Quad cores

I assume that this game has not been designed with multi-core support in mind.

If this is the case ,is there any advantage at all in using a cpu control programme to manually allocate all 4 cores to the game when playing it.

Please forgive me if this is an ultra-naive quesion.

Many thanks for any clarification

I assume you got the answer you needed for the previous link. If not...

As the linked-to thread says, CMSF and any games based on the current CMx2 engine (CMSF, the current planned CM: WWII games and the forthcoming Afghanistan game) will NOT benefit from more than one core unfortunately. There won't be any advantages to associating/assigning more than one core to the game since the game code would still have to be multi-threaded to work in a parallel manner that would benefit from more than one core.

Some of the new i7/i5 Core CPUs are capable of turning off cores to over-clock one particular core. In situations like this CMSF would benefit with a higher clock speed offered by such management.