A final CMSF fantasy: A Red Jordanian Module?

Sequoia

I have no doubt this is never going to happen and one can make the case that Jordan, one of the most pro-western Arab countries, would hardly join in on the Syrian side of our make believe war. But throwing that aside, it would add what many have been asking for, namely a new Red force. It would bring in Red M-60s and Challenger I's and even M-113s, which some people love for some odd reason. Jordan is considered by many to have the best army of any Arab country. So allow me to throw this out here for discussion purposes. Were likely to get even less likely conflicts with CMSF II. Would any of you be interested?

Work on CM Shock Force is almost finished now. The NATO module will likely be the last major addition to the game and adding a new RED force would slow down work on both NATO and the forthcoming WW2 game.

maybe a CMSF World War 3 game would be better

You're describing CMSF2 which will be BFC's next Modern Era project sometime later this year (hopefully). A new title will see new BLUE and RED forces in a temperate setting rather than the present arid Syrian environment.

I'd buy it in a heart beat

Agreed. I'm more excited about this than WW2... although I confess WW2 is fun.

Ever since I bought CMSF & Modules earlier this month I thought a turkish module would be best because it could be added as a blue NATO ally and also as an hypotetical rogue commander´s force turning on blue...

In a tactical game the impossibility of sustaining conventional warfare without a chain of supply can be tolerated for fun´s sake...Within the setting it can just be a mid level officer with a couple of battalions, changing loyalities for whatever reason (politics/religion/money/power)

I know everyoen is excited about Normandy, but I prefer current conflict games and would love to see CM:SF either expanded or the game engine moved to another theater. The Balkans are a possible US/NATO hot spot, Georgia has some terrific possbilities, Iran of course, Korea has a good mix of terrain, ect.

I just am not excited about another WW2 game, one of the reasons I tried CM:SF was the idea of moden warfare. I just would hate to see the development team get stuck in the WW2 mind set once Normandy is released.

I played my first WWII wargame on a Commodore 128k around 1987, I´m kind of bored of the period already, but obviously is the more profitable, I just hope there is enough profits to justify more modern CM games.

In particular, aside from obvious Europe WWIII scenario a Russia vs. China game would be great.

I think that may very well be possible if one gets all the eventual modules for CMSF II, or at least Russia vs North Korea.

Hope it is, I guess that from a marketing point of view it would be easy to make a module than a full game out of that "exotic" scenario, I will be happy either way :)

To balance this out: I like the WWII setting much more then modern.

The battles seem much more exciting in the WWII arena then modern.

I'm not saying I hate WW2 game, just that there are a ton out there and very few modern warfare games. With even fewer done well.

I'm sure Normandy will be fun, but I'd hate to see the best modern game stop growing.

Hmm...

"apples are better than oranges".

"What, are you an idiot? Everyone knows that oranges are better than apples!"

etc... until someone starts crying

It's simply a question of taste. I definitely prefer Modern Era over WW2 now.

SSS Grymm

I don't think you need to worry about BFC's focus getting so lost in WW2 that they never get back to doing CMSF2. There are quite a few folks who have been surprised by how enjoyable they found Modern Era combat to be and are very keen to see it in a temperate climate. I believe Steve might be one of them but I'll let him confirm this.

But it's our turn to be patient. After all, I'd imagine the WW2 fans who were a bit peed with BFC for doing Modern Era first instead of WW2 have been experiencing some of this frustration for the last 5 years or so. Just be grateful that, unlike some of them, we are able to enjoy playing WW2 as well so the wait will actually be quite fun.

Love the quotes Paper Tiger, sums it up right there :).

I love all kinds war games from ancient to modern, but due to the lack of good tactical modern war games I have been very happy that I found CMSF.If BFC keeps a good focus on both World War Eras and Modern eras, then they got themselves a happy costumer.Shocking to say you never see a world war 1 game.People often say it would be boring, but me I believe the total opposite.