Future Wars

cabal23

After reading an incredible article about General Dynamics and their new contract with the US military in Robot magazine, I thought it would be very appropriate to share. A few years ago people on this forum would have been making archaic space lobster jokes. I was very impressed so I found another article detailing the same info. But If there ever is a new CMSF, I feel robotic technology would make a fine addition, if not a necessary addition.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2595/

I think this engine would be perfect for a future war /realistic sci-fi game. The engine is solid. I assume the only real effort would be modeling all new models(really just uniforms) and vehicles. Then work with the weapon damage coding. I am totally simplifying because I know little about coding other than what I read here and on a few other sites. Here is an interesting list of just a few of the things that the military will see in the next 10-20 years.

Imagine a game that is going to be showing what warfare is suspected to look like in 20 years years? It would require a little research and a little guesswork of how to balance it all out. Just check out these 10 things and imagine them in your CMSF game. I do think the game map size would have to expand a bit because some of these things are absolutely devastating to the enemy on a a very large scale. It makes me wonder where we will be in 50 years, because we are about to hit zenith of warfare technology. If I was BF I would hire a company to do it. I think there are so many options with this engine they could be exploiting in so many ways. The Russian company doing the Afghanistan module is proof. Everyone here has said make a World War 3 game, or give me more countries. Why not? Oh well we can only hope. Check out this link.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment_200/248c_top_10_list.html