Military Term: Funnel Attack

Never heard the term used before and certainly not with respect to WW2 in the Pacific - either side. It's been mercifully a long time since I saw the film, so I don't recall the context. Is it possible they said something that sounded similar, like "frontal attack" and you misheard it? That would sort of make sense, said in that time and place, since the Japanese at the time seemed to love doing them...the so-called "Banzai charges."

Never heard the term used before and certainly not with respect to WW2 in the Pacific - either side. It's been mercifully a long time since I saw the film, so I don't recall the context. Is it possible they said something that sounded similar, like "frontal attack" and you misheard it? That would sort of make sense, said in that time and place, since the Japanese at the time seemed to love doing them...the so-called "Banzai charges."

Yeah, he did indeed say "frontal attack" and I heard "funnel." Thanks for clearing that up.