WIP British campaign

Well Gibsonm put up a good one.It's clever and real so my vote would be on 'Soldiers of the Queen'.Or, you can take the best of both worlds and add "the" in your title and call it 'Warriors of the Queen'.

Some more names just to throw out there as a brain storm could be,'Her Majesty's Braves' or 'Royal Braves', 'Brits Honor'.A saying I heard of that's in the UK that means good luck is 'The best of British',that could be used also.

As for the publishing part, you could put them together in the same Zip in my opinion.Seems to be a small file that won't take up to much space plus the people can delete the one they can't use.Just make it very clear which one need the Marines.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more names just to throw out there as a brain storm could be,'Her Majesty's Braves' or 'Royal Braves', 'Brits Honor'.

I think you'll find that should be "Brits Honour".

If you are naming a British Campaign, it probably should be spent in English, not "American". :)

Oh and a correction:

"It's the soldiers of the Queen,

my lads Who've been, my lads,

who've seen, my lads"

should read:

"It's the soldiers of the Queen, my lads

Who've been, my lads, who've seen, my lads"

I think you'll find that should be "Brits Honour".

If you are naming a British Campaign, it probably should be spent in English, not "American". :)

Good catch,where I'm from we got English, French and American dialogue(plus many many more).Words are spelled differently with different crowds and can be confusing at times.Especially the whole Honour-honor or armour-armor mix up along with all the other little word quirks between the 3 languages.Don't even get me started on the metric system, what a headache that was growing up.:)

WOW! Thanks guys! I didn't think how many people read this topik...

Handihoc - who helped me to fix the briefings - suggested me "Warriors in the Sands". I really want to keep the "warrior" in the name, because it's informative about the campaign. He also sent me a wiki page about Dorset regiment and I found it's hipotetic what I wrote in the campaign's briefing about Waterloo, because they didn't fight at this battle (after Waterloo they occupy France as 'peace keeping' ;) ). But their first famous battle was in India at 1757 (Battle at Plassey). So I'll rewrite that section in my briefing.

Thanks for the suggestion. And special thanks to gibsonm for the mp3!!! I just love these old military marches.

What do you mean old ?!

Old as when it was composed.

I have a casette tape (but I have no any instrument to play it :D ) with full of Hungarian (and of course Austrian-Hungarian) military marches. And if I hear something similar in a PC game (eg. AGEOD's games), I try to export it to MP3 and upload to my phone...

Sorry just read you introductory briefing.

The Warrior isn't an APC.

Its either a MICV (Mechanised Infantry Combat Vehicle) or a IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) but not an APC.

By way of contrast, the FV432 is an APC.

Also the bit "We have to prepare and be prepared for all contingencies." doesn't quite read properly.

"We have to be prepared to face any and all contingencies." sounds better, in my opinion.

bardosy, just downloaded it and getting my butt kicked in the first mission. Great fun. Will report back asap.

I've noticed you've made a few changes in the briefings, at least the early ones, and added a few small errors (!!) ;) . I'll email you on what I find. I agree with Mark Gibson on the quote 'We have to be prepared. . . etc' - his does sound better.

As for the Warrior not being an APC, I bow to his authority on that and other military related facts. Beyond my realm of expertise.