Has anyone gotten CM:SF to work on a netbook?

So my laptop fried recently. it could run CM:SF but not that well but it was a duel core or 64 bit processor so not fully utilized plus it was a laptop so I was impressed it ran at all. Now I have a laptop once again but its even less made for gaming. Its a netbook with one of those intel atom processors. +1 for being only single core and 32 bit (I guess) -2 or -3 for being a netbook only costing 300 bucks +1 one for being newer. I downloaded the demo and ran it and it says corrupt file. Im thinking the game is just too bad ass for this dinky thing. But if anybody has had better luck Id be thrilled to hear about it. soo.... anybody had success with something like this?

I figure Ill probably have to sait till i save the money to get a cheap desktop but Id be extatic to play some little battles in the mean time.

Thanks!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!

The way i have always understood is an 1.6 Atom is similar to a Pentium 3 except it acts as if it has dual cores. I think the bigger issue though is that most netbooks that i have seen use an integrated intel chip that uses your systems memory. For example my netbook only has 1gb of RAM and between 40-60% of that is used before any game is run.

The most intensive thing I have ran so far was the original half life but that was back under XP eariler this year and since then even video playback has degraded.

I reckon if it does run you would be limited to very small battles.

My Netbook;

Intel Atom CPU N270 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

1024MB RAM

Intel GMA 950

Windows 7 (Yes I am insane)

I had a similar situation (not a netbook but one of those new smaller Gateway sx2800's. Quad core 2.33 with 4gb of ram) It refused to run CMSF. According to Gateway there was no fix. Then I discovered the GeForce 9500 GT. A stripped down smaller version that actually fits in the new smaller computers. It isn't as fast as CMSF used to be on my bigger older computer, but it still runs fine. I just turned down the graphics settings a notch and it runs great. The reason I bring this up about netbooks is be aware it won't be the processor speed that affects CMSF but the graphic capability. I assumed a quad core 2.33 with 4 gb of ram would run it fine. I was wrong because the onboard graphics card was limited even though it touted 3d gaming capability. Don't be fooled, CMSF is a hog and needs a decent graphics card to run it smoothly.