Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

short inside video look at a Stryker

acrashb

Go here:
and forward to 4:24

Some civvies getting ferried around in a Stryker at the 2009 fort benning 3-gun match. Looks crowded.

At 5:00, listen: "don't press that red button there". I think he's kidding... or maybe they left the smoke dischargers active?

Anyone who has played CM knows the red button starts the turn.

I don't think I would want to ride in there for any extended period of time.

Anyone who has played CM knows the red button starts the turn.

I don't think I would want to ride in there for any extended period of time.

Seriously, when I first saw the inside of a stryker while playing ARMA 2 I was amazed at how cramped it was inside, and that's for guys who are 180 lbs MAX. My fat ass would be miserable in there lol.

Oddly, that clip reminds me of my days doing touring children's theater. 7 actors + a couple of techs, packed in a van with set, props & luggage, wandering about the country.

Of course, in my case, half the other passengers were cute young actresses, and most of the other guys were gay. So there were some side benefits -- in fact, it's how I met my wife!

And just think... the Stryker is one of the roomiest AFV/IFV/APCs out there! Anybody who has been inside of a BMP knows the opposite extreme. Let's just put it this way... when you first look into the back of a BMP the first thought is "so this is how the Oompa Loompas used to go into battle against the Vicious Kinit. They must have been cramped" :D

Steve

And just think... the Stryker is one of the roomiest AFV/IFV/APCs out there! Anybody who has been inside of a BMP knows the opposite extreme. Let's just put it this way... when you first look into the back of a BMP the first thought is "so this is how the Oompa Loompas used to go into battle against the Vicious Kinit. They must have been cramped" :D

Steve

At least the BMP has padded seats!