Version 1.01.1203 Available

Brit

Notable Changes/Fixes:

- An upgrade order no longer turns-off 'sentry'.

- Added a "70% Population" Victory condition

- Improved the trade window interface

- - The interface splits immediate-trade and ongoing trade

- - Allow per-turn open-market trade

- - The AI gives more feedback on trades

- - You can improve foreign relations with the AI by giving generous trade agreements or gifts

- Fixed bug: Can't cancel ongoing trade agreements

- Fixed a bug invoving the production money in cities without orders

- Small decreases in memory use and AI processing time

- Removed 'Freighters' from the Field Orders list

- Fixed bug: The Foreign Relations window showed the wrong information if you're not Player 1

- Fixed bug: Saved Games don't remember the 'sneak attack' state

- Fixed bug: Infantry UnitGroup cannot capture a neutral airfield

- Added a "Full" icon to transports/carriers when they are full

- City list is sorted from highest-production city to lowest-production city

- Added a "70% Population" Victory condition

Thanks for the quick update Brit, and listening to the feedback.

One thing though, I think the 70% population option doesn't go far enough. With a human and one AI, that means the human is nearly 2.5x head of the AI in population. With more than one AI the situation is even worse. Even at 60% the human player is already 1.5x ahead, and surely you'd agree that the AI will never recover from that far behind versus an experienced player? So why make the experienced player go through the motions? Personally (and other people are of course welcome to play at 90% or whatever as they please) after many years playing 4x games I really don't want to have to play the tedious mop-up end game. Please consider including a 60% victory condition in the next update (please tell me where to send the check;) ).

Also, I really like the changes to the trade screen, how relationships now clearly change with trade, and the feedback that is given.

One thing I noticed though is that the AI doesn't seem to value technology very highly. I was playing around with a saved game with the latest patch and a player that was selling lots of iron valued 10 iron from me as highly as nuclear bomber technology and other high end technologies they were no where near researching. Maybe there is a reason for this, but it's not obvious to me.

Also, I offered a lot of high end technology in return for a non-aggression pact and they refused. We had +73 relations, never been to war and didn't share a border (and they were much smaller than me). I eventually offered a one turn only pact, and they still refused. Am I missing something here?

Agree about the 60%.

Do you know if the demo will be updated as well ( I mean from 202 to 203 ) ?

Version 1.01.1202 is the demo version, and Version 1.01.1203 is the full-game. So, there's no way to do that upgrade. But, otherwise, the demo has been upgraded (from 1.01.776 to 1.01.1202). The only difference between 1.01.1202 and 1.01.1203 is the demo restrictions. Were you asking about this for multiplayer games?

Do you have any feedback about the " air map always on " bug I sent you an email about ?

Thanks

Oh, I see your email. Very weird. It looks like there's some bitmap-loading glitch going on. I noticed that you're running at a very high resolution - the game window is nearly 2000 pixels wide. I wonder if that is somehow contributing to the problem. Does it have this problem if you run the game in a smaller window? My screen only goes up to 1280 pixels wide, so I can't reproduce your exact situation.

Ive had a few glitches since this new version, the major one being when I select "large continents" for a new game - somtimes I get "small islands" instead.

starting a new game again seems to fix it...

Also I had one new game start where the unit build time was a wierd figure like 1.99999$ or somthing like that - which didnt progress. Only happened the once so far...

hope that helps!

Version 1.01.1202 is the demo version, and Version 1.01.1203 is the full-game. So, there's no way to do that upgrade. But, otherwise, the demo has been upgraded (from 1.01.776 to 1.01.1202). The only difference between 1.01.1202 and 1.01.1203 is the demo restrictions. Were you asking about this for multiplayer games?

Ah ok, if the release number differentiates the demo from the final only I'm fine and updated.

Oh, I see your email. Very weird. It looks like there's some bitmap-loading glitch going on. I noticed that you're running at a very high resolution - the game window is nearly 2000 pixels wide. I wonder if that is somehow contributing to the problem. Does it have this problem if you run the game in a smaller window? My screen only goes up to 1280 pixels wide, so I can't reproduce your exact situation.

Yep, I always use 1920*1080 having a 27" screen. That's very weird because it doesn't happen at the beginning of the game but it starts randomly after few dozens turns then it gets worse and worse till to arrive at the point where there is no chance each turn to fix it anymore, neither saving and reloading nor do whatever tricks. The only way I found till now is having a transport and move it accross shores at the beginning of each turn. Doing that, it temporarily turns the map to the original state, just to come back to the bug soon, a bunch of seconds later :(

So it seems it is not on straight relationship with the screen resolution, it seems to be on relationship with the game stage instead..........

Do you need me to send you a save game on advanced stages maybe ?

Thanks for the support

Ah ok, if the release number differentiates the demo from the final only I'm fine and updated.

Yep, I always use 1920*1080 having a 27" screen. That's very weird because it doesn't happen at the beginning of the game but it starts randomly after few dozens turns then it gets worse and worse till to arrive at the point where there is no chance each turn to fix it anymore, neither saving and reloading nor do whatever tricks. The only way I found till now is having a transport and move it accross shores at the beginning of each turn. Doing that, it temporarily turns the map to the original state, just to come back to the bug soon, a bunch of seconds later :(

So it seems it is not on straight relationship with the screen resolution, it seems to be on relationship with the game stage instead..........

Do you need me to send you a save game on advanced stages maybe ?

Thanks for the support

I'll see if I can get anything to happen like that when I maximize my screen and play. (I normally play inside a window that isn't maximized.)

I'll see if I can get anything to happen like that when I maximize my screen and play. (I normally play inside a window that isn't maximized.)

Another report, when radars start to play their role the bug surface in a huge manner, more radars are present the more the bug surfaces as well.

I guess it happens to everyone having a 5870Ati

thanks !

PS : did perhaps the nuclear strategic bomber disappear after the latest release ?

Another report, when radars start to play their role the bug surface in a huge manner, more radars are present the more the bug surfaces as well.

I guess it happens to everyone having a 5870Ati

thanks !

Interesting. Is it always the same color, or is it different colors?

PS : did perhaps the nuclear strategic bomber disappear after the latest release ?

No, no. The nuclear bomber is still there.

Interesting. Is it always the same color, or is it different colors?

No, no. The nuclear bomber is still there.

Always the same color, it turns into islands coloured of a red background when firing nukes, in addition......

I was pretty sure both the grey-green map and the red backgrounded one were intended cause they are associated with air platforms every single time I click on them , clicking on another platform and the coloured map disappears. Same speech for nuke with isles coloured of red........

Anyway, that's really frustrating cause it happens on later stages and there is no way to get rid of it, the game becomes unplayable cause I can't see anymore .......if you need me to release save games when the bug is up and running just let me know, I have them. I can try to have a short movie and send it to you if it can help you to fix it.

thanks

Always the same color, it turns into islands coloured of a red background when firing nukes, in addition......

I was pretty sure both the grey-green map and the red backgrounded one were intended cause they are associated with air platforms every single time I click on them , clicking on another platform and the coloured map disappears. Same speech for nuke with isles coloured of red........

Anyway, that's really frustrating cause it happens on later stages and there is no way to get rid of it, the game becomes unplayable cause I can't see anymore .......if you need me to release save games when the bug is up and running just let me know, I have them. I can try to have a short movie and send it to you if it can help you to fix it.

thanks

I'm not entirely sure what's causing this problem, but I did make a few changes to the game in hopes that it will fix things. Let me know if you're still having trouble after the next update, which will probably happen today or tomorrow.

Great and gorgeous support from you side, I thank you for that.

I am still playing the demo but if this issue will be sorted out I will go for sure for the full release.

Thanks in advance, I'l llet you know.

cheers

Let me know if you're still having trouble after the latest update.

Ah, but those drivers are ANCIENT (joking :D) - 9.12 was released yesterday

Anyway, if the EoS update doesn't help, try the new drivers. In the 9.12 release notes they mention resolving an issue on Win7 with Corruption no longer observed with some DX9 applications when Anti‐Alias 8x is enabled

Uhh...you are right....I am using ANCIENT drivers indeed :D

Thanks for the info, I'll subito get rid of those fossils and let you know, with also the newer EOS version.

See you soon