CMBB Still Producing Weird Graphics Even After Vista Fix

I downloaded the patch to make the blinking graphics problem go away, only now I can't view the entire map in a battle.

For some reason, it can only reveal half of the map at a time when I'm viewing at angle 4 or 5. Half of the map gets swallowed up by the green background when scrolling.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this what others mean when they refer to "cascading graphics" issues?

I'm on Vista using a GeForce 8600M GT card.

Does your battle possibly involve fog ? I've seen some issues with fog-table support, Vista and newer Nvidia drivers. The most common visual depiction though is that the fog is just not present (though the effect remains in the game).

The "cascading graphics" issue is when you move the mouse on the screen to position your view, the screen repeats over itself repeatedly, making the 3D view unviewable and the game unplayable. I do NOT think that is what you're seeing.

Since you're using an 8600M, it sounds like you have a laptop and getting drivers for that may be a bit harder than just downloading some from the Nvidia website. You may be dependent on what your laptop manufacturer releases, though sometimes there are workarounds for getting a reference driver to work with certain laptops.

Have you deleted the Prefs file yet and gone through the resolution selection process with the new 1.04 patch ? I don't know how much, if any, difference that may make, but it is something you may want to try.