Can't run Game due to elicense

I have the original cd from battlefront and I just moved to a new machine. Installed the 1.0 CMSF, installed the 1.10 patch and then the 1.21 patch and now its asking me for a elicense and I bought the game directly from battlefront and I don't remember if I have a elicense? I don't think I need one? Any help is appreciated

thanks

If you bought from us, you always have a license. However, you don't need one - ever - if you patch correctly and the game was working before. I suspect that - like many others - you have clicked through the patch installer and didn't select the right components to update. Please re-run the patch, and when you see the Dropdown asking you to select which components to update, make the right selection. E.g. "Update CMSF + no modules" if you have no modules, or "Update CMSF + Marines" if you have the base game and Marines etc...

As for your license key(s) - they are stored in your Customer account online at www.battlefront.com/store for purchases made after Oct 1, 2007. More details about where to find your key (and all other order details, such as download links) at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

Martin

xpublius - Do you have one of the modules (Marines and/or British Forces) ? If you DO NOT, then you CAN NOT use the 1.21 patch until Paradox comes out with it. The reason for that is the 1.21 patch on our site installs eLicense-based executables for the DRM/copy protection. Paradox uses a different DRM/copy protection and thus the patch will not work (without providing an eLicense key).

For Paradox users who have ONLY THE BASE CMSF GAME, they'll have to wait until Paradox compiles the 1.21 patch with their DRM/copy protection code.

If your base CMSF game is Paradox/Gamersgate/Direct2Drive, etc. AND you have one or both of the modules, then YOU CAN USE THE 1.21 PATCH. When you install one of the modules, your CMSF executable gets replaced with an eLicense version and it uses the eLicense key of the module you installed.

just browsing the forums regarding the NVIDIA issue ( re all the flashing lights at night - no fix yet?) when I saw your comments regarding stored e-licences. I had managed to lose my copy of CMSF-Marines when I migrated across to a new computer. I had my licence e-mail is saved for CMSF and British forces but not for Marines. Just followed your advice and there is my elicence on the website just as you said. Thanks again !

I was able to ge tthe game to work when I looked through my paperwork and found the elicense receipt. The problem I had was moving to a new machine and the install process. When placing in a new machine it asked using the original Battlefront disk for the elicense. Just have to keep these papers more handy