Unarmed bunkers as bomb shelters...

i am reworking my Punitive Expedition mission and i use a lot of these unarmed bunkers, placed in dead ground to make a good portion of troops survive a opening barrage, no matter how though it is.

now my problem is to get the AI out of the bunkers after a certain time, i cant get em to leave the shelter even with a dismount order. what am i doing wrong or is this not possible what i try to do?

anyone got expirience on this?

I haven't tested this yet. Have you tried giving the bunker & men its own AI group and at some point giving them a move and 'disembark' AI order, as though it was a vehicle?

This is something that can be easily tested now that we have Scenario Author Test mode - you can see what the other's side's doing.

[EDIT] I just tested this. No-go. Doesn't seem to work. Bunker occupants seem to be treated like tank crews, you can't get the AI to bail in an AI orders set.

yea i tried with setting the troops inside of the bunker to move out after a certain time. with or without seperate dismount command they stay put in the bunkers.

how do you mean to put the bunkers in a AI group? i have more single bunkers then there are max possible AI groups, and i need to move some man around too, wich takes up at least 5 AI groups, so adding the bunkers to seperate AI groups is a no go as i have none left.

by the way, the 2nd thing i have problems with is that i want to place vehicles in a house, and i just cant make it. as soon as the scenario starts the vehicles are teleported outside to the street.

but if iam not totaly mistakes i have seen vehicles in houses in other scenarios, how did the guys do it?

yea i tried with setting the troops inside of the bunker to move out after a certain time. with or without seperate dismount command they stay put in the bunkers.

how do you mean to put the bunkers in a AI group? i have more single bunkers then there are max possible AI groups, and i need to move some man around too, wich takes up at least 5 AI groups, so adding the bunkers to seperate AI groups is a no go as i have none left.

by the way, the 2nd thing i have problems with is that i want to place vehicles in a house, and i just cant make it. as soon as the scenario starts the vehicles are teleported outside to the street.

but if iam not totaly mistakes i have seen vehicles in houses in other scenarios, how did the guys do it?

In CM1 I think you could put vehicles, field guns etc in buildings by placing them in the editor firsts and them putting the building on top of them. It's a very long time since I used the CM1 editor, though, so i'm not 100% certain.

I haven't tested this yet. Have you tried giving the bunker & men its own AI group and at some point giving them a move and 'disembark' AI order, as though it was a vehicle?

This is something that can be easily tested now that we have Scenario Author Test mode - you can see what the other's side's doing.

[EDIT] I just tested this. No-go. Doesn't seem to work. Bunker occupants seem to be treated like tank crews, you can't get the AI to bail in an AI orders set.

CMShockForce2009-11-2320-24-04-50.jpg

CMShockForce2009-11-2320-32-43-39.jpg

Uhm... yes, the game always puts an unit as crew (in blue color) whenever its inside a bunker... But if you add another unit and give to the "passengers" (in green color) the same or a different AI Group than the others - "crew" and bunker, still nothing happens: they don't want to "dismount". Those concrete bunkers are so cozy...

Unit teleports as soon as you start the scenario.

damn!!! same here!(yes i used the CMx1 methode too)

this blows about everything special i had in mind for this mission now.

i wanted 6 VBIED´s immobilized in 2 houses next to each other. representing a ammo cache. when you hit it with heavy arty it should have blowen up the houses and the VBIED´s all together, but the "ammo" is not staying inside of the house unfortunately but end up on the streets :D

damn, i think i have to rethink everything i had in mind for the new punitive expedition scenario. crap!

• 4 weeks later...
It's all ball bearings these days! - Erwin Fletcher (Fletch)

Offtopic: Great movie! Or movies! I have them both on DVD now. Truly the most fitting actor to portray "Fletch" in a movie (based on novels by Gregory McDonald).

Madeline: I'm sorry, who are you again?

Fletch: I'm Frieda's boss.

Madeline: Who's Frieda?

Fletch: My secretary.