Combat Engineers using demo charges on enemy armor

Wengart

Just one engineer? Were his squadmates all WIA/KIA? How many demo charges was he carrying? Did the explosion knock out the T-72?

I had read about engineers attaching demo charges to bunkers (under suitable circumstances), but I had no idea said demo charges could be flung. Takes me back to my CMx1 days and all the satchel charges my pixeltruppen hurled at too-close-for-comfort tanks. :)

Yea, his buddies got pegged by another T-72 and he was wandering about the map.

Anyway he started with 3 demo charges, and after he threw one he still had 3. He managed to knock out the T-72. Although I suspected that the crew were already all KIA.

I find it odd that they would even try to use a grenade on a MBT. Seems the demo is the obvious choice.

Yea, his buddies got pegged by another T-72 and he was wandering about the map.

Anyway he started with 3 demo charges, and after he threw one he still had 3. He managed to knock out the T-72. Although I suspected that the crew were already all KIA.

I find it odd that they would even try to use a grenade on a MBT. Seems the demo is the obvious choice.

It is one of the ways you can try to button a tank in a last ditch effort when you have no AT weapons, other than shooting at the optics/fighting ports. The grenades will most likely not cause any chasis damage, but they can destroy optics, and the concussion will be felt by the crew, possibly stunning them.

I recently had a lone British engineer walk past a disabled, but not destroyed T-72. After throwing two hand grenades he threw a boxy looking thing that made a big explosion. Yet he still has all of his demo charges. Does anyone know what this is?
Ah, that's what killed my tank! :mad::mad::mad:

;)

Scipio, what happened to it? after that volley of LAWs it just sat there. I thought either the crew were all dead and my guys just thought it was alive or perhaps the turret took some kind of damage and the engine was hit.
The tanks has been heavily damaged and was imobile, and indeed the crew abandoned the tank several turns ago. I'm not sure if they were killed, routed or both. :(

The AI is perfectly content to continue shooting up uninhabited vehicles. I've often decided to pop smoke and bail my immobile Challenger2 before that next Kornet comes streaking in. Sometimes I get my men a safe distance away first, sometimes they're still laying suppressed around the tank as the inevitable BOOM comes.