infantry fatigue

I would assume heat has an effect on fatigue as well, particularly for NATO whose infantry are less aclimatized to the conditions in Syria. This is alos a problem for our forces in Afghanistan as eviudenced in accounts published on the campaign so far

As far as I've seen, heat has an equal effect on both Red and Blue forces, all other things considered. Which is to say, way too little, insofar as a I can loadout a rifle squad with two CLUs, four Javelins, five or six AT4s, maximum 5.56, extra 40mm and the effect on their mobility is neglible.

Speaking from personal experience, that is rather unrealistic.

Surely the heat would affect the Syrians less as they are carrying much less gear than western forces. Just a Rifle, webbing and a helmet for most of them. I havn't tested this out though.

The only infantry that I make run for long distances are my pixelBrits and they can jog for about 500m before tiring. At over 1km of jogging they are pretty exhausted. They arn't carrying javelins or anything though!

but apparently no matter how much gear infantry carry they tire at the same rate, which seems odd.....

i did a quick test where i took two us infantry squads one laded to the hilt with missiles, ammo, launchers, etc.... and the other with a normal load. and ran them back and forth, they ran at the same rate and tired at the same rate...

I don't do it so much when playing Blue, but when playing Red my men will take everything but the kitchen sink. My philosophy, if its on a body it can be salvaged, and my BMP's don't explode quite so spectacularly.

Although it would be nice to see weight effects in the game at sometime in the future.

Agreed Apocal and others. I suppose you could simulate unaclimatised troops in a scenario by giving them an unfit rating. As far as combat loads are concerened there seem to be limits regarding wha you can ask a squad to carry. I am rather keen on giving them lots of javelins and AT4s for use against buildings and entrenchments/bunkers but keeping a normal load of small arms ammunition.

Can anyone elaborate on this topic and list the hierachy of fatigue levels? And what effects they have on commands? (ex. if exhausted your cannot FAST, HUNT, or ....)

Also, does anyone else think the fatigue associated with the SLOW command needs looked at? I just dont get how my two man AT crew can FAST and SLOW over the same distance and be exhausted in both situations. I would think crawling at a slow pace might tire you but I highly doubt you would be exhausted like sprinting.

I've never really done a details examination of the fatigue levels, so I can't help you there; I've always just sort of trusted my intuition as to what it's reasonable to expect soldiers to do after a long period of exertion.

But as for the fatigue that using SLOW induces, my own experience trying to combat crawl any distance in whilst playing paintball and airsoft suggests that it's pretty grueling and the fatigue rate in the game for this type of movement is not unreasonable. I can only imagine how much worse it would be in a real combat situation, probably carrying a much heavier load, and the additional nervous energy of knowing I might *really* get shot...

While the generic fatigue modeling seems about right to me, I do agree with previous poster that the the effect of load upon fatigue rate needs to be looked at. I haven't done any detailed testing of how things work in the game right now, but I would think a team loaded up with lots of additional ammo and specials (Javelins, Demos, etc.), would wear wear down much faster than a team with just personal firearms and standard combat ammo load.

It would be good to have this looked at before CM:Normandy. There can be substantial differences in the standard combat load of WWII infantry units, even within the same nationality. For example, A generic 9-man Wehrmacht squad armed with mostly rifles, and just one MG42 in the group shouldn't fatigue at the same rate as one of those 7-man Panzergrenadier squads that carries 2 MG 42s as part of their standard load-out. The MG 42 is a great weapon, but I had the opportunity to handle one again recently, and was reminded just how %^&$! heavy it is. Not to mention the amount ammo you have to carry be able to use the darn thing for any length of time... And the difference in encumbrance becomes even greater if one squad is carrying several AT specials, and the other is not. There's a trade-off for carrying all those fancy toys.