One man ran...

c3k

Gents,

Playing the Brits in Operation Hammersmith. I ASSAULTED a Brit section forward, to a small ditch. One man, the section leader, did not stop; he kept running. And running. And running.

The remaining 3 men in his section stayed in the end-of-move ditch. The other section could not move forward until the first section completed their movement. Whilst the section leader was conducting his one man advance, the second section couldn't "bound".

I let the leader go for over a turn (WeGo). He made it over 200 meters. (Hey, now I know where the enemy _isn't_!) I ended the section move (the ASSAULT order had stayed active the entire time he was running further away), and let the section stay in situ for a complete turn. I also split the teams. Then I created a new move - QUICK - to the SAME position which caused the problems. Since 3 of the 4 men were there, that was fine; the leader ran back 200 meters and rejoined his men. Now all is good.

This is reminiscent of a much earlier coding issue. I have not seen this in well over a year.

Anyone interested in a savegame?

Regards,

Ken

So the section leader was not running to a waypoint but had run far past it? I recently had the opposite problem, a section leader staying put while everyone else in his squad happily walked to the next waypoint. If Charles loves anything, its tracking down and correcting 1-off unreproduceable problems :D

:), LOL.

As for direction, the squad's ASSAULT waypoint was about 50 meters to the north. (Yes, I know, that's too far for a single bound. They'd bounded about 30-40 meters, rejoined, then the 1st team began the final bound to the waypoint.) The section leader was headed off to the northwest. I don't know how far he would've gone had I not stopped him after 200 meters.

I'll play with that situation later. (I definitely have the replay savegame, so I can just let the orders stay as is. I _may_ have the orders phase saved.)

Ken

Interesting, that. I have occasionally encountered similar situations where my assault order causes one team to run the entire way to the waypoint at the end of the assault order while the other team stays put. I'm talking up to several 100m here. When team A reaches the waypoint, team B follows in suit and clears the whole distance in one bound. Not a big issue for me, as no part of the unit is straying off or beyond the intended course, and in RT when I notice it happening I just cancel the order and give it again, which generally clears things up. Definitely not supposed to happen, though.