Slow printing when CMAK loaded

foamy

Ahh!! wife invades CMAK terratory !!!

My wife recently got a laptop and shares my printer via wireless link.

Whenever I have CMAK or CMBO loaded her print jobs take forever. As soon as I shutdown the games print job speeds up to normal.

The slow printing happens even if I am not actually playing the game.

Can anyone explain why this is, better still offer a solution?

It sounds like your printer driver needs some CPU cycles to rasterize the print job. The only solution I can see would be to minimize CM while your wife prints.

CM takes over as many free CPU cycles it can while it is in the foreground. Your printer driver requires the CPU to 'draw' the image it is going to print and feed it to the printer in the chunk sizes that it needs. With CM in the foreground the print driver never gets enough CPU cycles to do its job in a timely manner.

Thanks for the comments guys, I did not mention that I am using Windows 2000 prof, an HP 1215 Photosmart and have a good self-built box using ASUS K8V SE Mobo, Athlon 64 and 512 MB RAM.

I don't suppose that helps you much.

I can live with this minor inconvenience, but it seems to me that there should a a work-around somehow ??