british modul "setup files is corrupted"

i get this message when launching the british pack setup.

of course the download was the problem,

but i suspect that something else is wrong.

i have freshly installed the base game + the marine pack,

didn't add any patches yet.

the game work, but again, the brits pack won't install.

i tried different compatibility modes - no success.

processor: Athlon X2 2 (250).

any ideas?

Have you tried to download the modules again and install your new download? You say in your first post that the download is the problem but don't appear to have tried to download the modules again and re-install the new download?

Also make sure you remove any mods you have installed in your z folder in the data folder (assuming you use mods).

Cheers fur noo

George

btw

You needn't apply any patches if you install Brits. It might even be the problem.

Ha! Elmar speaks the truth - the Brits module is already patched to 1.20 so no need to install the 1.20 patch as a seperate item. Check the read me notes that come with the downloads and double check what you are doing is as per the instrcutions.

Another point - your base game is a BFC version and not another version?

Ha! Elmar speaks the truth - the Brits module is already patched to 1.20 so no need to install the 1.20 patch as a seperate item. Check the read me notes that come with the downloads and double check what you are doing is as per the instrcutions.

Another point - your base game is a BFC version and not another version?

thank for the help.

i've downloaded and freshly installed the base game, marine module (so far it works, no prob).

but the british pack give me the message.

i just noted that the same thing happends to the 1.20 patch over the marine

pack. same error code.

it doesn't matter if the base game is BT's or gamersgate. the module works for any version:

"These patches are only for you if you own *both* CMSF (any version) *and* BRITISH FORCES. These patches patch BOTH the base game AND the module at the same time, you do NOT need any separate base game patch"

so, after downloading and installing twice, still that error. both for the british pack and for the 1.20v patch.

i can't even play the marines H2H cause everybody is 1.20 patched.

anybody else here with windows 7 (rc) experience that problem?

Did you patch your base game (i.e. CMSF Strykers and Marines) to 1.10 or 1.11 before installing either the 1.20 patch or the British module?

Also from the notes re Windows 7 "... and Windows 7 users, we recommend that you RIGHT-CLICK the installer file and select the 'Run as Administrator' option. This should help resolve any user-rights issues that could occur."

Good job on the troubleshooting.

We do run into some issues with anti-virus/firewall/internet security utilities and the installation/running of our games. Admittedly this is what they're there for, but it seems that many of them generate 'false positives'. And the wide variety of user interfaces and reporting is mind numbing and sometimes quite problematic in getting them to do what you want them to.

We'll take note of this and point it out to any future users of the ESET Security suite.