British Manual

Maybe if BF had used the $15 they made on the $20 shipping charge you could have got a manual.

Check the envelope to see the actual postage charge which incidently was not sent by DHL as advertised but by normal German post. The actual cost may vary slightly depending on where you live. 3 Euros to UK = $4.50. In effect, if this applies, you have paid $25 for a download and another $25 for a cd only in a jewel case.

Best thing would be to try to return the hardgoods for store credit and burn the download to a cd then print out the manual at your own expense.

Moon stated in another thread you could return the hardgoods if you were unhappy although I am still waiting for a reply.

But watch out, don't complain about feeling let down too much or you will incur the wrath of the BF faithful. Most of whom will add nothing to the thread except poor attempts at humor and try to make fun of you. Watch this space.

Just for the record, the module is good, the hardgood quality for the price is not.

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

Ah well, try to help and...... Your original post read as if you were expecting more for your money, ie a manual.

I've been happy with BF too as I have always admired the quality of both games and hardgoods in the past, that is why I keep buying their games, but in this case I feel let down and overcharged. I feel have paid for the game twice and have nothing to show for the extra charge.

Each to their own. Some people will pay way over the odds for something if they think it is worth it. Personally I don't think this effort has been worth the double cost. Who knows, maybe this forum is full of secret millionaires.

Everyone has an opinion on what they regard as quality. There are people here who will love it and others who will not. As usual it is the ones who do not that are set upon because they dared to voice their opinion (complain).

Anyway, you will need to print the manual yourself.

Maybe if BF had used the $15 they made on the $20 shipping charge you could have got a manual.

Check the envelope to see the actual postage charge which incidently was not sent by DHL as advertised but by normal German post. The actual cost may vary slightly depending on where you live. 3 Euros to UK = $4.50. In effect, if this applies, you have paid $25 for a download and another $25 for a cd only in a jewel case.

You only forget that the difference is not just the stamps needed to get a package through. It includes things such as: the physical goods themselves, the space needed for storage of the goods, and someone to pack and send the goods. So it's not like there's $15 profit from the shipment.

You only forget that the difference is not just the stamps needed to get a package through. It includes things such as: the physical goods themselves, the space needed for storage of the goods, and someone to pack and send the goods. So it's not like there's $15 profit from the shipment.

You have already paid for the goods. The S&H charges are separate. I wish I could find a job that paid $10-$15 for packing envelopes. Any vacancies?

It appears that this "standard charge" is basically win some lose some depending on which game you order.

Somebody might not buy the next big manual heavy game so they are subsidising the next game. Each game should be priced based on actual (plus slight profit) charges.

I could, and have in the past, accepted what I considered high shipping because I had something worthwile to show for it.

I bought my brits on-line and got my disc only today. I was a bit dissapointed to find that I have to try to read my computer to read the manual.

I'd pay a few $s more for a book.

Remember there is a printable version that you can put in a binder. As I'm Legally blind it's what I always have to do...

Joebloggs, as Sergei has already said, the shipping and handling charge covers all expenses that arise from a physical copy. Such as the production of the physical product, storage, and shipment. The 25$ you paid only covers the cost of the content in the game.

If you were correct in your thinking downloaders would be paying significantly less for the game, 15$. Or the base cost for the physical product would 35$ instead of 25$.

I must say I agree with donnieitaly. The last time I paid the extra 25 dollars i actually got the manual in a nice cover with a nice picture of the marine emblem. This time I got a CD and nothing else. I think it would have been fair to notify buyers of the CD that you would receive only the CD and no manual.