Paper Tiger - How about some Marine scenarios? Please?

JP76er

Paper Tiger my hiney. You have some of the toughest battles here, can you do some for the Marines? Pretty please? Some gritty urban fighting would be nice. I'm working on one now but I'm still in the learning stages with the scenario editor, especially the elevations. I have a really nice "Hell House" built though. It would be great if you had some time to throw some tough fights at our Marines.

Thanks!

Yeah, the Marines kind of got bypassed as I was too busy finishing my Dinas campaign when it was released. And then, when Dinas was finally finished I started beta testing the Brit module. As it happens, I do have a couple of maps free for stand alone missions at the moment (but not so much free time) and I had intended for one of those to be for a Marines mission. (And it's a nice map too!) So it might happen :D

Yeah, the Marines kind of got bypassed as I was too busy finishing my Dinas campaign when it was released. And then, when Dinas was finally finished I started beta testing the Brit module. As it happens, I do have a couple of maps free for stand alone missions at the moment (but not so much free time) and I had intended for one of those to be for a Marines mission. (And it's a nice map too!) So it might happen :D

Excellent!! I'll make a few calls & see if I can move your schedule around. I'm working on one based on the book "No True Glory" by Bing West. So far so good. I'm learning how to tweak my map making skills. I want it to be a hard fought urban slug fest like Fallujah II really was. A lengthy scenario too. I want to try to pack in as much realism as possible. I'm having fun making the Red as tough as they were in Fallujah II. The marines had a hell of a battle. Thanks for your efforts!

If you get around to it can you include the BMP-3 and/or the T-90? They seem to be the forgotten elements of the marines module, I'm struggling to remember using them outside the official missions.

• 8 months later...

Found this one while searching for info on something else and so it seems as good a place to post this as any. In between working on the NATO module (I've no plans to do anything for the WW2 title - at least for the time being) I've got started work on a short-ish campaign for the Marines, so far, the plan is for about 8 missions. I don't have a lot of time to knock up lots of new maps and so I'm reworking some of my Dinas maps to make them work for a BLUE v RED game as opposed to RED v RED. I'm about half way there now and hope to have it finished sometime very early next month.

It will be an infantry-centric campaign, although the RED side will occassionaly field some tanks. I also plan to have BMP-3 equipped Airborne units in one mission (The 'Sulit Airfield' conversion) and the T-90 in a second battle using a new map that I made for Dinas but didn't make the final cut. Actually the map for that Sulit Airfield mission is a recreation of a real airbase to the south of Hims (Al Qusayr) so it will fit in nicely.

Hi, where can I get mods and scenarios from Paper Tiger? Is there a link?

I'm new and I love this game. I only have the base game for now, and I hope to up grade after I finish the 1st campaign. The 3rd party add ons have been great.

Hi, where can I get mods and scenarios from Paper Tiger?

You can find Dinas and Second Storm at BFC's repository. Here's a link:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314

Both 'In Harm's Way' and 'Hasrabit' are missing for the time being. They used

to be on CMMODs but got lost when that site closed down. To be honest, 'In Harm's Way' is a bit crap now. It was my first attempt at a mission using the editor. 'Hasrabit' will definitely get reposted though, probably some time after the NATO module gets released. ;)

As for this particular project, five missions are ready for testing and I'm thinking maybe just one more for a total of 6. Since you have a single company and some units from the CAAT as core forces, your force won't be in much of a shape to fight the last two.

PT, I can post 'Hasrabit' to the repository if you like...have had it on my PC forever, my first attempt to play it through was foiled by the BFC-hacker rootkit which killed my OS. Luckily I had it backed up and am now through 4 missions. Don't have much time to play right now but I could certainly upload it to the repository. Or are you planning to update it before you rerelease it?

Actually, I am planning to give it a bit of an overhaul before I post it at the Repository. When I made it, I was still labouring under the misapprehension that I could only issue the AI side with a total of 16 orders, not each AI group. As a result of this, the AI plans in those missions are very lame. I have already reworked a couple of the missions, 'Buying the Farm' and 'Ambush' and with the new AI plans, the AI is much tougher to beat. I definitely won't be able to get the 'final' version finished before NATO but I expect that, when it does finally arrive, it will be worth the wait.