Imho it would make alot more sense to have the attacker setup the Minor being attacked.(thats how it is in Third Reich & it works fine)It is expected the attacker would use common sense and position the Minor troops best suited for defence of their country.As it is now(like the game im playing against MYJ)the Poles may as well not even deployed.He basicly took Poland in one turn.

Arado, Poland is always a massacre, you should know that. So what exactly do want to change? Have the defender position his troops the way he wants them to be? Of course this is realistic, but the truth is most countries positioned their troops to stop smuggling, as at this time this was the #1 concern of neutral nations. I mean why would some maniac come and invade you're country right? Anyway in the end the defender always positioned his troops for a massacre, whether it is the Poles, Russians, or even the Americans at Pearl, and in fact the French did too, they however knew they were at war and had time to deploy their troops for war (they were truly incompetent).

scottsmm,what im suggesting works great in Third Reich.It would work here fine,

As far as being attacked by a maniac(it was quite obvious Hitler wasnt going to stop until he was stopped).The Poles setup better in reality then they did for me.

Russia knew months in advance(right down to the date and time,from the book:What Stalin Knew) that they were going to get attacked,but because of Stalins stupidity they setup to get wiped up.We are in command.We dont have to make those mistakes and neither should the Minors have to.They will still get defeated but atleast they will force the attacker to use more than they would like.

The Poles weren't set up well, although they should of course last longer than one turn. Note it's a random chance on how units setup if they get attacked (DOW), so what this means is that sometimes they'll setup historically, sometimes they'll set up terribly, and other times they'll setup better than historically.

All I can say is this is once again an example of whether we want a realistic WWII strategy game, or whether or not we want to create our own history. btw I have to apologize as I've never played Third Reich so I'm not a 100% sure on what your saying.

I agree the Poles didnt setup well in reality but believe me anything was better than what I had.

In Third Reich when you declare war on any Minor the defender gets to setup the troops.If its against the A.I.(which is one of the worst there is)it sets them up.If you are P.B.E.M.then the attacker sets up the minor that makes sense.Also the major countries are setup manually if you choose to do so.There is an option to allow quick setup(historical).

One other thing about Third Reich that imho should be in SC is the chance for Major countrys to counter-attack after their last Capital has been siezed and they are going to surrender.This prevents the attacker form just sending in his Para.to drop in the Capital and have the defender giveup without a chamce to take the Capital back.I know their is a random chance that the defending country maynot surrender the turn they loose their last Capital but in Third Reich there is no doubt the defender gets a chance to retake their capital.If the attacking unit cant trace a normal supply then if its

defeated its gone permanently from the game.This forces the attacker away from what normally would be a suicide attack.it would also make it tougher for Germany to take England in SC.

Any land or air unit that is destroyed needs a min supply of 5 in SC if you are going to reform it. Something I tried to explain to a few other forum members, but they simply refused to listen to the truth. If it has a supply of 5 or more when destroyed you can reform it (land+air units) at 60% cost and 50% production delay. If you don't believe me check reformation data in the editor.

Any land or air unit that is destroyed needs a min supply of 5 in SC if you are going to reform it. Something I tried to explain to a few other forum members, but they simply refused to listen to the truth. If it has a supply of 5 or more when destroyed you can reform it (land+air units) at 60% cost and 50% production delay. If you don't believe me check reformation data in the editor.

What does this have to do with setup of minor countries?