More dynamic missions?

Hello everyone!

First of all, I´d like to congratulate Battlefront for making such a kickass wargame, and making if even better since the release. :P

Now, I don´t know if this has been brought up before, but are there any plans to make the missions more dynamic from a designers standpoint, maybe in CMSF2?

I mean stuff like triggered events (e.g. for AI-Plans: if player does this, enemy does this), ability to call in reeinforcements (and maybe lose victory points if you have to do so), goals that appear during a mission and exit or withdrawal zones where any unit entering the zone is removed from play and points are awarded to the player (e.g. for delay missions where red has to attrite blue and then withdraw).

Especially if the mission designer could script enemy behaviour according to the players actions and how the battle is going, then the opponent could be made to act in a more realistic way than the static AI-Plans we have now.

I like this "goals that appear during a mission " idea. You could have most goals of a scenario explained in briefing. Then some new goal could be mentioned only after let's say 30 minutes.

In principle, it is possible to do this now with hidden objectives and the message notification that flashes up when reinforcements arrive.

In principle, it is possible to do this now with hidden objectives and the message notification that flashes up when reinforcements arrive.

Sort of yes. But the reinforcement message is only 30 characters, so it's quite limited.

It would be great if those "delayed" goals would be otherwise like other scenario goals, but the briefing part and what ever you see on map would activate after some delay.

I'd like to see something like that where the "extra" objectives weren't set in stone - they might or might not happen during the course of a mission - that would give better replay value. It'd be interesting if you were suddenly told that hill such-and-such was now an essential objective - and next time you did the mission you found you had to do something else entirely. :)