Why Did He Do That?

I love the game on 1.20 and play it all the time now where as I never played it after the first few pathces.Im aware that a computer simulation can never capture all of the nuances of real war to perfection, that being said, I find it a little cumbersome not being able to put my troops exactly where I want them, not all of the time , just some of the time.But I only remember the times it does'nt work.And sometimes when I get them just where I want them, like hiding in the brush on a road side, one of my guys will go for a crawl into the wide open road only to be riveted with many bullets.Why would did he do that?The worst green troop in the world would'nt do that out of self preservation alone.Im just nit picking because thats what I do.The infantry movement and modeling is 100 times better than day one.Is this behavior built in to take perfect control away from me?to simulate that men will do stupid things and die?

..to simulate that men will do stupid things and die?

Ye..es, and, well other stuff. The effects of stress and confusion can quite often be taken for stupidity and it is for this reason that militaries train their soldiers. However, no training is perfect, not all reactions to physical and mental stimuli can be predicted. Welcome to the uncertain world.:)

Face command is really critical for how troops position themselves. Even more so than the UI really tells you.

A good way to find out is to go to the editor and move some troops so they snap to their setup position. This will show you how they line up around ridges, walls and trees and help you tweak your "face commands" to get a good position.

No system so complex will ever be perfect, but this approach helped me get the best out of it.

As stated, with the addition of the highlighted movement squares, coupled with a careful direction of approach and speed of approach, finalized with a facing command, these types of actions have just about disappeared from my gameplay. In fact, I really can't remember the last time I had a guy do something THAT bad.

Of course, it could be explained by Jenkins' sudden desire to get to a better position "over there" and he did not undertake a proper risk analysis or wait for section leader approval.

At least, you can be confident he won't do it again.

Regards,

Ken