Artillery and Airstrike...can i see how many i can call ?

Hi,

How can i see how many Artillery and Airstrike remains ?

I just played a mission and called a motar 3 times (short firemissions)...and still there are all green dots...so i thought i can call much more but then...empty... ??

The same with Airstrike. I had two Apache...so i thought i can only call 2 airstrikes. After both Apache finished their missions, they still aviable. I could call them both 3 times...and maybe much more but i have no idea how i can see how often i can call a aircraft or how much munition for the artillery is left.

Anyone can help ?

Thanks !

UIideaszoomed.jpg

Ok, the Number (2) means 2 kanons i think.

The symbole right of the 2 is the symbole for the reaction time of the artillery ?

The green dots are for what ? I cant figure that out with the german manual.

And for airstrikes its the same with the munition ?

Wiggum,

As you've discovered, the User Interface (UI) for support has a lot of room for improvement.

The number 2 does, indeed, mean 2 cannons.

The symbol to the right of the cannon is the reaction time... From a bold green "+" down to a bold red "x". Try different units to see which unit has the best reaction time. (Actually, that may be more accurately called "access". Meaning, it has the ability to call up the chain of command to the support unit. In the game, better access gives shorter reaction times.)

NO ONE knows what the green dots mean!! Yeah, the manual says it's reaction time, but obviously, the icon next to the number really shows that. If you just used that support unit, the green dots will be replaced by red. It's confusing, it's not explained well, and it doesn't seem to show useful information. Someone else may help.

The bar graph (circled in pink) shows two types of ammo. The left graph shows High Explosive. The right graph (with two bars in picture) shows smoke shells.

Air strikes are more difficult to interpret. It SEEMS that the availability of a mission (Heavy, Medium, or Light) depends on ammo. The bar graphs seem to depict Heavy, Medium, and Light ammo in order from right to left. No one really knows what weapons they represent.

The best thing is to set up a test scenario and play around a bit. (Or use a savegame.)

Good luck!

Ken

NO ONE knows what the green dots mean!! Yeah, the manual says it's reaction time, but obviously, the icon next to the number really shows that. If you just used that support unit, the green dots will be replaced by red. It's confusing, it's not explained well, and it doesn't seem to show useful information. Someone else may help.

Here is what the manual says about it:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=2&Itemid=223&firstPageNumber=90

The dots are for "responsiveness" while the +/x are for "matchup" between spotter and battery.

I think the manual does not make it entirely clear what does what.

In fact, AFAIK the matchup also determines the response time to call in artillery.

From my experience though, the red dots seem to show the artillery ROF during a sustained fire mission.

When I order "heavy" fire over a long period of time, the green dots deplete quickly (turn to red) and don't fill up again. As an effect, the rate at which shells are falling diminishes (probably because the crew gets tired?).

When ordering only "medium" or "light" fire over the same period, the green dots deplete more slowly, or may even return to green - which results in a good sustained rate of fire (but slower than a "heavy" barrage would have initially).