Please help. A manual way to adjust ATI zMask?

Hi,

First, you need to download the Rage 3D Tweak here : Rage 3D tweak page . AFAIK, the default ATI setting menu on WinXP doesn't allow to modify the ZMask.

I had a BIG improvement after setting this device with the tweak program : FPS switched from 12 to 25-30 in battles :cool: Then, I was able to put more trees, more doodads, etc. without slowing down the machine !

Hope it will help.

Originally posted by japinard:

Wolfe, how would I make a registry file to add this, and another registry file to delete it?

Hi, Jeff.

Not sure how to delete reg entries, but here are a few examples of how to create REG files; they might give you some hints. Be sure to back-up the registry first, though.

http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/reg_files.html

- Chris

With a little work you could get this program, Registry Crawler, to bookmark the registry entry and delete it (manually I assume). But you have to pay for it to use it after 30 days. Adding a registry entry is fairly simple, you can export a registry entry to a .REG file and later you should be able to double-click on it to have it automatically loaded into the Registry (assuming that the association is set properly).

I'm not specifically aware of any utility that adds and removes user-specified registry entries for end users. You could try and buy a Windows Macro utility, which should generally automate the process for you. Though I guess that defeats the purpose of this thread since you probably don't want any particular piece of software loaded up to perform this task.

You can get some registry hacks here, and the links to other websites at the bottom are good, including this one.

[ January 13, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]