SMAW One Question

Taki

As i read in an Articel on the SMAW i fond this one:

"The 9mm spotting rounds are ballistically matched to the rockets and increase the gunner's first round hit probability."

There are some Phosphor Ignited Targeting Rounds for the SMAW. Arent they modelled in the Game?

As i read in an Articel on the SMAW i fond this one:

"The 9mm spotting rounds are ballistically matched to the rockets and increase the gunner's first round hit probability."

There are some Phosphor Ignited Targeting Rounds for the SMAW. Arent they modelled in the Game?

I imagine not. The 9mm spotting rifle on the SMAW isn't a weapon, but an aiming device. I mean, it is lethal...I have a friend who served in Marines during Somalia and told me a story about his SMAW gunner shooting Somali with the spotting rifle....but it really isn't the most ideal weapon to use. It was designed for one purpose only...to get the rocket on target. Putting it in, while it would be accurate, I would really wonder...why?

While it would be pretty cool to see this type of thing added for even more realism, I don't mind it just being abstracted while it says the gunner is "aiming" for now. Maybe the aiming process for the SMAW can be (or already is?) prolonged a little to simulate the gunner using spotting rounds.

It has been discussed in beta forum but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been explicitly (graphically) modelled. The SMAW should have an accuracy advantage modelled due in part to the spotting round feature, but since you can only compare apples to oranges who knows how much effect it has.